• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

iron tao bags

i just bought some iron tao bags and was wondering what is the best way to train with these. like how often,how long, what type of strike benefits from these and proper way to do this without hurting myself. I am wanting to toughen my hands with the larger bag and toughen arms and shins with smaller bag, so any suggestions would be helpful.thanks

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'd start off hitting them lightly like 20 strikes each hand and increase each week by like 10 strikes and hitting a bit harder each week, thats the best way, take it slow and easy to avoid injuring up your hands.

It would also be best that you train on the iron palm bag every other day, also get some dit daw jow to rub in your hands to help the conditioning process and circulation e.t.c. you can get it on the net or in a traditional chinese herb store 'easy to find in any chinatown'.good luck

What is it filled with? Most people start with mung beans.

I’ve been working with my mung bean bag for almost two years now. I have no formal training with the bag, so I don’t do anything too intense for fear of hurting myself.

One exercise that I do everyday with it strengthens my hands and fingers. Just toss the bag back and forth alternating hands. Toss it from your right hand to your left and left to right, then repeat until tired. This will strengthen your grip and fingertips really well.

You should do a little research or find a qualified Instructor for the best results. Don’t go too crazy or you could cause permanent damage.

Iron Warrior gave some sound advice about healing and preventative care. Other's did as well, but saying to start out slow, and then build up repitition.

Train smart, not hard!

Good luck!

:)

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...