• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Body Hardening

AceKing

How does someone strengthen or harden almost every part of their body. I saw this one master who had some one hit him with this wooden pole and just break against his arm, leg, stomach etc. i heard that basically you just keep hitting yourself in the area you want to strength. Anyone know what to do?

Edited by AceKing

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not really sure how, but i DO know that you dont want to keep hitting yourself in the same area. this is a common problem for muay tai boxers because alot of them damage nerves in their shins and forearms from hitting them so frequently and sometimes get blood clots. sorry i couldnt be of more assistance :karate:

I bet you wish you knew me now.

Body hardening is the last thing you have to worry about.

The only hardening you need is when you're sparring. The brooses you get when sparring and deal with that is good enough.

Please don't start hitting wood (or other surfaces) every day or other crap people sometimes come up with.

René

The only hardening you need is when you're sparring. The brooses you get when sparring and deal with that is good enough.

Please don't start hitting wood (or other surfaces) every day or other crap people sometimes come up with.

Not even Makiwara's? O.O

Not even Makiwara's? O.O

Depends if you know how to properly use it.

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

Usually to harden areas of your body you need to subject them to moderate force to give them the chance to get used to intermediate impact. There are some already tried and tested methods regarding the hardening of striking surfaces.

To harden striking surfaces, you should strike pads or other equipment which are firm yet have a slight give to them. Sandbags and Thai Pads are perfect for conditioning your shins as well as using Thai Oil Linement which you can get from https://www.taosport.co.uk. Using a Makiwara as well as Knuckle Push Ups are also good for the hands. Striking a makiwara and performing knuckle push ups cause mild fissures in the bones where impact has been subjected. These fissure can be filled with more bone through the regular intake of calcium and other foods that are rich in phosphate. Also, these will help the habituation process of getting used to the pain and hence striking without worry.

Regarding condition of the body to absorb shots, the only advice I can offer is to spar lightly with partners concentrating on delivering, timed controlled blows to the areas you wish to toughen up. If possible, I would advise you to order any of the video tapes produced and sold by https://www.fightingsecrets.com. The videos star Marco Lala, a Kyokushin exponent and Judo expert who discusses various ways to toughen the body in a large variety of his videos. I dont think he has a single video that details all in one how to toughen your body. But he does detail methods at separate stages in his series of videos. The best videos for you to buy are:

Destructive Low Kicks and Knee Attacks Vol I & II

Marco Lala's Iron Defense System

Karate's Phenomenal Ab Training Methods

All these videos will contain methods on how to toughen your:

Shins

Knife Edge of Foot

Ball of Foot

Bottom Heel

Back of Heel

Knees

Abs

I think he also details how to condition your forearms too.

Hope this helps.

Perfect Practice makes Perfect.

I would just do some iron palm training and start a good bodybuilding program to build up your muscles, thats your best bet, the extra muscle will act as shock absorbers, I dont beleive in hitting your bones against objects that dont 'give' over a long period of time it can cause major problems years down the road.