• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Jake 90,

Here in the UK there is at least one sifu that teaches Drunken Kung Fu as an individual COMBAT oriented style.

The Drunken style of kung fu is a very unorthodox deceptive and at the same time an effective method of fighting. It is not easy to master, but then, neither are many other styles of kung fu.

The system includes close range fighting techniques, punches, palm strikes, kicks as well as grappling.

It is not a style for "show fighting", inspite of the fact that it has been adapted for Wu Shu demonstrations/competitions.

If you find a knowledgable sifu to teach you and you manage to stick to it for some years, then believe me that you will find this art rewarding and effective.

The most difficult part will be finding a good sifu in a not so well known/practised (at least in the West) style of kung fu. Even so don't give up hope, if you are really interested. I myself have found a sifu here in London who is a master of an even more obscure style of kung fu while searching for a decent (for me) Wing Chun school. I am currently training under him.

As far as the Wing Chun (probably the most popular kung fu style in the West) goes, I am still looking.....go figure.

Use your time on an art that is worthwhile and not on a dozen irrelevant "ways".

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt