• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello!

MrClean

Hi, I came across this site while I was searching for karate schools in my area. I thought I might be able to learn some things here, get advice and possibly share any knowledge that I have.

A little about myself.

I have trained in martial arts for most of my life. I have trained in Tae Kwon Do for a few years, then the school closed. The area I lived in did not really have many martial arts schools.

A few years later my family moved, and I joined another martial arts school. This time it was Shorei-Ryu. I loved this art, and spent most of my highschool years at the dojo. I went from white belt to purple belt, and I was just shy of testing for my brown belt. Shortly after that the sensei (who I have become very close friends with) moved, and started another school in his new town. He kept the original school open, yet he did not teach there anymore. I tried continuing (sp) in that school, yet the school changed. The instructors (people I have gone through the ranks with) were good at martial arts, but not good instructors. The feel of the school changed as well, and the discipline slowly diminished.

With that last experience I had given up on martial arts, and went to college, got a good job, etc. Now its 5 years later and I have been biten again by the martial art bug. I miss the discipline that I used to have, as well as the shape I was in. I also miss the katas, structure, and articipating in tournaments.

so here i am attempting to get back into the world that I have enjoyed, only this time hopefully it lasts.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello and Welcome to KF. :) You're right. Some people are great Martial Artist but are not very good teachers. Conveying the knowledge you acquire in a understandable structured way is important if you're going to teach. :)

"If your hand goes forth withhold your temper"

"If your temper goes forth withold your hand"

-Gichin Funakoshi