• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In two weeks after a little over a year I test for blue or 5th gup, I have at least a year and 4th, 3rd, and 2nd gup before I test for red or 1st gup. After a year minimum at red I will be eligable at instructors approval to test for black. So a little over three years. I believe maturity level and dedication should be a factor in how long it takes. I don't believe a school can guarantee a black belt in a set amount of time. I don't see anything wrong with a school having a program where a student has the chance to earn a blat belt within a given amount of time. If a person is ready their ready, if a person is not ready their not ready it is as simple as that.

I was supposed to test this April for BB, but I wrecked my knee, so it won't happen till August (that will be almost 5 years in TKD, plus my training in other MA's). Like I said in another thread, I'm in no rush.

Laurie F

• 2 weeks later...

My inscructor say that I should be a brown belt by April of next year so, I should get my have my black belt after 3 1/2 to 4 years of training

"Martial Arts is kinda like yin and yang when you think about it; it 50% physical and 50% mental"

• 1 month later...

in my school it should take 3 1/2 years providing you dont miss, fail or get a triangle pass on a grading. our gradings are held every 3 months but when you get to 4th kup it is 6 months between each grading

A machine can do the work of 50 men, no machine can do the work of one extraordinary man though