• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hay Stone crusher

SPM that i studied was taught to my sifu Chris Loh and my father by Sifu Alistar Bourne who studied TONG LONG from sifu Yew Tong Kwong aka Mr Fong The founder of our Tong Long Kune was a man called Chou ah Nan

Sifu Bourne in the 1950's was taught Lo Fu Do by Wah Li Young in london, Wah Li young came from Burma Where he studied Lo Fu Do unfortunately little is known about the origins of Lo Fu Do

coinsedentaly since both styles are very similar, Sifu Bourne Integrated both arts Ch'i Kune Jow Do is the result

But thanks heaps for the info Stone crusher Muchly appreciated

Faith without works is merely a dream anticapated.

Muay thai boxing and

SOUTHERN STYLE KUNG FU PRACTIONER

SKIPSET ( NZ )

Yip Man (Ip)

WIlliam Chueng

Jerry Bolding

Me

When fear is removed, the arrogance of uncertainty is dispelled and it is therefore no longer necessary to prove yourself in any form of combat. By learning how to fight, you learn how not to fight.

i see so you both come from yip man lineage

here is mine, Tong Long Kune, SMP lineage

Chou Ah nan

Wong Fook Go, aka ( Mr Fong )

Yip Shiu

Sifu Alistar Bourne

My father

me

Muay thai boxing and

SKIPSET ( NZ )

CFREW.....no problem..nice to meet you..many chinese styles are not well known and manyhave died out over time.The style of wing chun I study is very rare only a handfull of people know it.It does not even extisits in China anymore. Your style you practice can you tell me some of the Kuen kits that have been pass on?

http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

"When the student is ready the master will appear"

Stonecursher:

You stand out in these forums and I just wanted to say hi. Is that your picture in your avatar?

I have a Black belt in TKD and Taka hashi Ryu. I am a teacher now and love chines arts. I learned a few basic wu shu forms and have a great demo team. We are performing at a phoenix suns game in march. We just performed at a wu shu day in the chinese cultural center here in phoenix. I have also hired a wu shu "coach" (there titles are unfamilar to me) He is an athlete of enormous ability. We are working on a cirriculum to rank my student's in wu shu. Now that you know my goals here are some of my questions.

Is kung fu an all encompassing word for chinese arts or is it a specific art unto itself. (tv doesn't help me much here) Is wushu respected amoungst the other chinese arts such as yourselves?

One thing that i would like to add. I have seen some hung gar and poisonhand and things like 18 siezng hands. I love the poetry of the chinese moves and the names that they are given. (monk carries log, beauty looks in the mirror etc.) Are these all from one art, or many arts? I'm trying to find history and linieage. If you could direct me to a web site that isn't fool of falsehoods i'd really appriciate that.

place clever martial arts phrase here

Hello Sensei Rick ...

The easy question first no..the avatar is not my picture I got off the net somewhere.

Is kung fu an all encompassing word for chinese arts or is it a specific art unto itself

In western thinking Kung-fu means any Chinese Based fighting system,but kung- fu just means skill developed through hard work so that can mean anything including Chinese MA.

Is wushu respected amoungst the other chinese arts such as yourselves?

I can only speak for myself.Wushu has its place and fuction,but what I don't like about it is why the chinese government calls it Wushu(meaning MA)when its not a martial art,but a competive Athledic competition like gymnastics or swimming.Alot of people See mordern Wushu and think it's the traditional stuff and that creates confussion and poeple get ideas what they think Kung fu is.I respect wushu for what it is and love to watch it but it's not a MA.

One thing that i would like to add. I have seen some hung gar and poisonhand and things like 18 siezng hands. I love the poetry of the chinese moves and the names that they are given. (monk carries log, beauty looks in the mirror etc.) Are these all from one art, or many arts? I'm trying to find history and linieage. If you could direct me to a web site that isn't fool of falsehoods i'd really appriciate that.

Each style of kung- Fu my use different names to explain a similiar move or idea.Exm In my style wing Chun we use simple name to explain it function like Tan San which mean spreading hand in shaolin they might use a name like beauty likes in the mirror.All these names come from many different styles,so you have to research each each style and linage to find the meaning of all those moves. That's a very big job !!! Just reseach one style at a time is the best way.As far a find a good wesite to research thisstuffI don't know of one of off the top of my head.An old book called Kung-fu might be a good place to start.it contains histories and linages. GOOD LUCK...

http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

"When the student is ready the master will appear"

Yeah i totally agree with you in regards to that respects where alot of arts have been lost, or altered through its time lines,

Tong Long Kune SPM is actually quite well known, an alot of people study it there is actually a forum for it check this out here

under southern mantis

http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/index.php?

here is a few of our forms

claw form,chop sao,phon sao,jow sao,Iron palm, Iron fingers,leopard,crane,snake,

Sensei Rick

(quote)Is kung fu an all encompassing word for chinese arts or is it a specific art unto itself

my own opinion is that Kung fu Enccompasses all that is towards the Chinese arts, terms of healing, as well as preservation of life

Is wushu respected amoungst the other chinese arts such as yourselves?

well my answer in regards to that question would be without a doubt (YES)

all martial arts an practioners, deserve the respect where given, as each other MA that is not chinese also deserves there respect as to what it can offer us, an how it can help us with in our lives

here is a site of TUNG MO JING JUNG

whic to me is like a combination of northern an a bit of southern fists,

emphasizeing on the ( 8 IMMORTALS ) system

this is not a new style of kung fu, just an old one that has been reconstructed,

by sifue troy dunwood

http://www.tungmojingjung.com/

Muay thai boxing and

SKIPSET ( NZ )

• 3 years later...