• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'm new to this forum and have spent a few days reading the various posts in all the sections. However, since Wing Chun is the art I train, I just wanted to know who my Wing Chun brothers/sisters are and how many members on this forum practice/teach Wing Chun/Wing Tsun/Ving Tsun, etc.

Would like to know your lineage if possible, so, you can PM me that info for privacy. Just curious as to who else is out there and what branch of the tree you came from. For anyone intertested, here is my line:

Chan Wah Shun

Chan Mim

Jiu Wan

Francis Fong

ZepedaWingChun

System - the martial art that you study and

practice

Style - the way you execute the system

Wing Chun - hit hard, hit fast, hit first!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been practicing 'Ving Tsun' for a little under a year now under sifu Jeff Kohlman and Tom Tomlinson. I'm not quite sure what our direct lineage is, I know Yip Man is somewhere in there. Our shirts say "Ving Tsun Athletic Association" and has the Ving Tsun Kuen emblem on it.

"They look up, without realizing they're standing in the palm of your hand"

"I burn alive to keep you warm"

Hi MizuRyu,

Seen a few of your posts in this forum. I believe the Ving Tsun Athletic Association is under Yip Chun and Yip Ching, both sons of the late Yip Man.

practice

Hi stonecrusher69. I too have been through 2 lines. My first Wing Chun line was through:

Moy Yat

Bill Wong

ZepedaWingChun

I trained with my first sifu for 4 years. He was a disciple of Moy Yat in the late 1970's early 1980's.

After that, I sought out Sifu Francis Fong, in Atlanta, and have been with him ever since. Went to a seminar he was giving (with Dan Inosanto at his JKD school) around 1982, in Charlotte (NC), while with my first sifu. Sifu Fong's Wing Chun was so explosive and dynamic at that seminar, that it made a lasting impression. And he is still like that to this day.

I remember reading something about Fut Sao Wing Chun in Inside Kung Fu, back in the middle to late 1980's. Interesting article if my memory serves me correct. Anyway, nice to meet you.

practice

NIce to meet you to ZepedaWingChun.....Yeah,there was an article on fut sao back around that time in Inside -Kung fu magazine.I'm suprised you can remember it as it was a long time ago.

I have heard and read many things about your sifu.I never meet him so far.I hope to someday.Are you teaching as well?

Also I was woundering if youcan tell me anything about Jason Lau and how it compares to your sifu's WC.You can Pm me if you like.

THXS

http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

"When the student is ready the master will appear"

Unfortunately, I do not know Wing Chun, Wing Tsun, or any of the styles, but I'd like to say that it is a style I was/am interested in, but unfortunately for me, I'm underage, (16) and live in a small town, the only martial arts available here are Taekwondo and Mixed Martial Arts, then Karate at another school, so being hungry for martial arts, I'm stuck with Taekwondo, but switch up every now and then and do the mixed martial arts classes which I enjoy alot, since Grappling is my worst skill, I've learned alot from the classes I went to. as I said I'm underage, and can't drive to Memphis, which is two hours away to learn Wing Chun, or one of the Kung fu styles that same school teaches, =(

Hi all

i just wanted to know if there was anyone in here who lives in NZ,New Zealand that studies wing chun, as im interested in viewing a wing chun class, just to view that is all, an to see how similar it is to the Kung fu art that ive been studing for the past 5 years

it is a southern fist styles combined into one

TONG LONG (Southern mantis Fist) LO FU DO ( Way of the tiger )

thanks all

Faith without works is merely a dream anticapated.

Muay thai boxing and

SOUTHERN STYLE KUNG FU PRACTIONER

SKIPSET ( NZ )