Resentment abot someone becoming a black belt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always thought training is harder once you reach black belt.

yea thats the first thing i said when i got promoted gotta train harder

White belt for life

"Destroy the enemies power but leave his life"

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations on your BB! One question, though. Actually two. Was it a surprise to your fellow karateka that you received your BB? And why did you go to Japan to receive it, and not receive it at your current school?

"Blessed be the Lord my Rock, and my keen and firm Strength, Who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight." Psalm 144:1

i didnt go to japan to get promoted i went to train with our grandmaster actually alot of the bb told me that they werent really surprise that i got my bb some even before i went said i was going to get promoted when i went there but i just ignored them and trained every day while there (on saturdays i would go to three classes a day yea i now ima nerd :D) i was told that they liked the way i moved and gave me the rank

White belt for life

Congratulations on the BB!

Remember that jealousy is symptom of envy which is a form of flattery. So by them being jealous, it's just a compliment.

Also, take it with a pinch of salt. By them being resentful towards someones success just proves the point that they are not mentally ready to have a black belt anyway.

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

Yea all of the suggestions i got from everyone help me have confidence in being a bb i had my first teaching session last week man that is a hard thing to do especially when you have a dojo full of newbies who are cocky coming from a vastly different style of martial arts and even worst im not build imtimadating (that is untill im about to throw a punch and they scream in terror) and i have to do it again today but at least the other bb and my sensei are supporting me

White belt for life

I have always thought training is harder once you reach black belt.

Our Sensei has always said that getting your black belt means your just ready to learn now and are an 'advanced' student.

Given the cirriculum that we are taught at the black belt level I would have to agree.

If he practices 3 times, I must practice 6 times -- Osensei Nagamine

the hardest part to me is learning to teach i was always more of a fighter then teacher when it came to Martial Arts (me like hitting things) when i am put on the spot to teach im like man i want to be there but i have to observe. My sensei though gave me good advice "it shouldnt be a burden but and oppurtunity to see what you have to work on in a higher level"

White belt for life