Favorite TKD technique?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok call me old and traditional but what is a 540?

It's sometimes called a "tornado" kick as well. Basically, its a jump spin 360 kick where you land on your kicking leg. This gives you an extra 1/2 spin (or 180), thus equaling 540 degrees in the spin.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

My favorite is a plain vanilla #1 side kick. I love to stick it right into the middle of my opponent's attack and "feed 'em the foot". Ruins their whole day. :brow:

For the uninitiated, #1 side kick in the ATA is done with the lead leg, no steps involved. Just pick it up and kick. :D

And I think even just SEEING your feet would ruin some days, sir!

Yes, sir, I know. :o

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

LOL :)

I like the lead leg side kick too.

Well, he is one of the seniors in my style. In more ways than one. :D

What's that sir? MORE pushups?

Aodhan

Round Kick and hook kick, i just like to kick to the head and the round kick is fast and if you hit its also powerful.

Hook kick with an immediate round kick (Don't put the foot down) has been a staple in my repertoire for years.

Aodhan

Hook kick with an immediate round kick (Don't put the foot down) has been a staple in my repertoire for years.

Aodhan

That's an awesome sparring technique, especially if you keep the knee chambered and the only movement is from the knee onwards.

The Hooking kick causes a startle/flinch response and just as they lower their guard to counter the Turning Kick hits home.

DCMS.

"There's nothing wrong with my defence, you attacked me wrong!"