• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Right or Left? Which is your favorite?

I'm a southpaw(left handed fighter) but I can fight either way, my right leg is slightly better than my left, my left hand is stronger in some ways than my right, the bicept is bigger on me left arm even tho i werk it out as much as my right...but hey, the body is how it is...peace my martial arts brethren :karate:

"Live free.

Die well..."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fight equally from left and right front stance, but have an unfortunate tendency to favour my right arm and leg whichever stance I'm in. I'm actually trying to break myself of it now by only using my left side in drills.

---------

Pil Sung

Jimmy B

A lot of my early training was very JKD based, so i got used to fighting right (strong) side forward. Most TKDists fight in a left lead stance. So, rather than always fighting in an open stance, I spend most of my time in a left lead stance. If I am sparring one of the black belts I usually switch in and out to keep them off balance. It is really surprising how fast I adapted to using left lead punches and kicks, but like Dragonstyle said you must train twice as much on your weak side to even out the strength and coordination.

My first kung fu teacher used to give that advice come to think of it :roll:

Ti-Kwon-Leap

"Annoying the ignorant since 1961"