• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Right or Left? Which is your favorite?

My form and technique is better on my right leg and hand, but I am left-handed (except for when playing piano) and my left hand and leg/side have naturally more power and flexibility it seems. In the hips my right side is more flexible than my left by a little bit.

'Conviction is a luxury for those on the sidelines'

William Parcher, 'A BEAUTIFUL MIND'

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, koreantiger81

The answer is simple but also hard. For a time, try sparring and training more than double on your weak side than what you do on your dominate side.

It'll make you more comfortable on that side eventually

When two tigers fight, one dies and the other is mortally wounded.

I agree dragonstyle18 :wink: :up: .....

There are certain kicks that I have trouble doing with my "bad leg" (the left) and I am right handed. I doubletrain kicks the left side because of this. For punches .... weight on the left nothing on the right hand .... and punch the heavy bag.

I am envious of those ambidextrous folks! :karate:

KarateForums Sensei

1st dan Black Tae Kwon Do

CardioKickboxing/Fitness Inst.

[ This Message was edited by: KickChick on 2002-04-08 13:21 ]

• 2 weeks later...

I am right handed and right footed. I dislocated my left shoulder in a tourney so for a while all I could do without hurting myself was kick with my right leg. Consequently my right leg can fly. So,I fight left handed. My left is still faster than nearly everyone in my school, but I am not as comfortable with it. However, I often switch my stances around, depending on what my opponent is giving me.

cho dan TSD

"Every second that you are not training, someone somewhere is training to kick your butt"- Kyo Sa Lyle (my instructor)

"Where we going in 5 months?!?!?!" "Cali!!"

-Spring Break '04

"Life begins at 130 mph".

My strongest side is my right side and I feel most comfortable having that side lead, but it all depends on little things on the day for which side I have leading.

• 1 month later...

My left leg is bigtime slow so like KickChick,I try to train my left more than right. My R leg is a Georgia mule but my L hits with all the force of sand flea....{{{sigh.....}}}

--Back in the Dojang! Choong Sil TKD & Aikido

[ This Message was edited by: OldRookie on 2002-05-27 13:19 ]

*1st Dan Oct 2004*

"Progress lies not enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be."

"It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not deserve them."