• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Right or Left? Which is your favorite?

I'm a right handed person.

I tend to fight mostly using my left hand fighting stance. When I'm in my right hand fighting stance, I feel vulnerable. I literally feel like a white belt! I can't kick as quickly and I open myself up. The right side seems so awkward for me. I know everyone has a favorite side to fight in, but do any of you feel like how I feel?

Kinesiologist/Trainer

Black-Belt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya KoreanTiger.

I fight with my right side forward. I'm right handed and my right side is more powerful. I use a lot of front leg kicks, so I put my "power side" forword. My left is quicker. To do back leg kicks, you have to be quick, so I put my quicker side back.

Laurie F

I'm right handed but I feel pretty comfortable both ways. I tend more the my right hand forward though - because my favourite counters and attacks start better from that side for me.

Shotokan Karate Black Belt

==Defend the path of Truth==

well i would consider myself one of the lucky ones, since i am left handed , but rightfooted,

so if i go into a left stance, i have my stronger hand for the jab, which is quicker and stronger than the cross, and i have my stronger leg, for my rear leg, which is the leg we always use in a fight, instead of doing those annoying step kicks :evil:

Brown Sash Hsing I/Lau Gar Kung Fu

Brown Belt San Shou

17 yr old

http://www.selfdefencehelp.co.uk

Me well i'm a bit odd. Being a points fighter i fight very side on.

Left handed tho being a tall kicker fight at a distance and use it as a good stiff jab. So punch left side forward and flick to right leg forward to kick off my lead leg.

I think i'd be amazing if only i had a good right jab. I find it so hard to move me right arm as it always protects my right kidney/ribs.

Having got really badly injured fighting years ago i got this unconcious block that won't let me move it.

Bretty

My strong side is my right side. However, depending on what technique I choose to use, will depend on how I stand. For example, I can execute a spinning back kick stronger and faster with my left leg than my right leg. Fast back fist with my left than my right.

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia