• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A Situation

First sitch:

Palm heel strike to the nose or punch the throat. Keep the elbow bent so it does not break if he swings and hits your arm. Keep the arm in place after striking to block or at least partially deflect a punch from his free hand. While he's stunned, immediately change the position of your pinned arm. If it's straight out to the side, jerk it down as if trying to elbow yourself in the ribs. It doesn't have to come off the floor, just slide it while pinned. This should throw off his balance. Even if he falls on you, he is no longer leaning his weight on your arm. Now push him off to one side (not straight up and back).

Second sitch:

Not sure which hold you mean but it sounds like a choke from behind. If so, let's say the right arm is the one around your throat, pull his arm down with both hands, step back with the right foot and turn 90 degrees to the right. Now he should be pulling against the left side of your neck instead of your throat. Elbow strike to the gut or ribs. Repeat strike 10 to 12 times or until released. That should do it.

Paranoia is not a fault. It is clarity of the world around us.

• 1 month later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the guys moronic enough to kneel on my legs Im going to shrimp out and pull guard, probably open guard just to kick him away. My free arm is going to be covering my head or whatever else hes trying to punch. Depending on just how hes kneeling on my legs (weird position, not the smartest) I might just be able to take his back. Or... if I can shrimp out and stand up fast enough while he's still kneeling, he'll find a knee in his face.

• 1 month later...

I'd kick myself for not taking Aikido or some other form of ground fighting art...I'm sure that there is a counter...

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

• 2 weeks later...

Push your hips up and foward. If done right with enough force it will fling him off balance and cause him to go foward. His hands should land somewhere next to your head. Wrap you arms around his and push over to your side. He will be on your back watch out if he has some experience in ground fighting he will get you in the guard.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

First situation:

Punch him with my free hand

block his punch and throw him off

"Now the valiant can fight; the cautious can defend, and the wise counsel. Thus there is none whose talent is wasted."

-Li Ch'uan-

• 4 months later...

Situation 1: do an attack to his/her eyes. getting poked in the eyes pretty much makes you forget about anything. keep hitting pressure points until you can push him/her off. Then run!

Situation 2: Hit the groin or the shin. Keep hitting. If you can, go with the flow and fall back onto the attacker. s/he will cushion your fall if s/he is behind you. Then, wail on that fool like its nothing.

Destined To Bring Light

1) Heel palm to the nose, then four finger eye strike to both eyes, pull my hand back, and half fist his trachea until he got off of me. Switch targets between those two and the solar plexus if he grabs one but doesn't get off. Once he lets go of my hand, I would sit up and double palm claw his arms to his sides, then, put my left hand behind his head (hopefully striking c7 on the way), then right elbow his temple until he went out.

2) Tuck my chin toward the opening, grab his right wrist and nerve pinch with my right while driving my left elbow into his solar plexus until he lets go. When he does, step forward with my left, twist his arm and check his left elbow, then front kick his groin. Land forward with a knee and right heel palm to the face while pulling his arm to my right hip with my left hand, then guillotine and knee the chest/face until he's unconscious.

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

1. if he's kneeling on my legs, i don't have to do much to unbalance him. strike up at his jaw and tip him over with my legs. if i can't tip him, get to guard and attack his throat (don't see that in UFC!!).

2. not sure what kind of choke you're talking about here. i'm guessing its from behind...grab the testes, twist them etc, heel kicks to his knees. with my other hand, either work wrist points or fingers. once the choke is broken, body drop. depending on the size of the opponent and how ninja i'm feeling at the time, i could also attempt a shoulder wheel throw after seizing his testes.

"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

1. if he's kneeling on my legs, i don't have to do much to unbalance him. strike up at his jaw and tip him over with my legs. if i can't tip him, get to guard and attack his throat (don't see that in UFC!!).

We think the same...and good point about unbalancing a guy on your knees.

grab the testes, twist them etc

Three things:

1) OW!

2) Why didn't I think of that?

3) What if it's a girl? Huh? Huh? hehe...

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker

3) What if it's a girl? Huh? Huh? hehe...

lol yeah...might have to think of something different then, or just go for the shoulder wheel and then take her home cos she'll be so impressed by how ninja i am.

"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana