• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A Situation

What would you do if you were in this kind of situation?

You're back is flat on the ground. Your attacker kneels on your legs while holding your other hand on the ground. He is ready to punch you. I have one arm free.

Here's another situation...

You're opponent wraps his arms around your neck, choking you. A counter attack I've listened from a sempai (2nd Dan) is an elbow strike with a sudden forward stance; but what would you do if your opponent chokes you while he constantly walks backwards. Doing this eliminates the possibility of a stable stance (if you can stand at all).

What do you think are the best counter attacks for these? :-?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're back is flat on the ground. Your attacker kneels on your legs while holding your other hand on the ground. He is ready to punch you. I have one arm free.

Here's another situation...

You're opponent wraps his arms around your neck, choking you. A counter attack I've listened from a sempai (2nd Dan) is an elbow strike with a sudden forward stance; but what would you do if your opponent chokes you while he constantly walks backwards. Doing this eliminates the possibility of a stable stance (if you can stand at all).

What do you think are the best counter attacks for these? :-?

A) The kneeling on the you thing, take the face shot you can't avoid it. Use your other hand to free the other & work around a mount situation. Really all you can do. Then their are 100 strategis for the mount situation.

b) The choke is easy, crush a testy. Or trip him with an ankle sweep into a leg scissor. if your lucky the attacker will fall ontop of you & you can meet him with a rising strike preferibly to the eyes or throat.

It's not that I feel the world owes me anything, I don't. But, on that note. What do I owe the world? Not a thing!

1st

Find out if he is ticklish....and then punch him as much as you can. You can also choke him, as the chances are...he'll stop trying to hit you and instead is trying to save himself, thus leaving open spots and a chance to get up.

2nd

Either bend to the ground and use your arms to pull him forward over your back in an aikido stylish good guy looking manner.

OR

Grab his arm and try to push backwards as he is headed backward to use your weight to push him down on the ground.

One useful thing would be to try to leave your hands or whatever between the space of your opponent's arm and your neck...thus leaving you with enough room to breathe.

I guess the best way to practice is ask a good friend to try the various situations with you and see how things turn out and learn what techniques are effective.

Just my two cents....as I couldn't afford to give out a dollar since my dinner that my mom made is almost ready.

If you take a crooked path and have to go through a cliff. Either hope there is a bridge, or learn to fly.

This in reality is a no win situation if the attcker is stronger and heavier than you.

I am a firm beliver in a clean fight however if my life is at risk i would probably spit in his face to distract him then quickly free you other arm and double strike to the throat then get up and run away or call the cops depending on the situation

The key to everything is continuity achieved by discipline.

While you are doing much of the above relax your mind, and your body. Tension and fear will lock you up.

Breathe the best you know how at the moment. And like other's have said, seize the moment when their is an opening or weakness...If there is not one, then work on making one.

Teach yourself to see what you are about to do, before you do it.

Train smart, not just hard!

Take care and Good luck!

:)

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...

1) If their arm isn't too much longer than yours I would recomend a punch to the collarbone of the arm holding you down. It doesn't take much to break it. It would definately get their attention. Another option is you could reach for the throat, eyes, groin, ears, or nose and rip off or poke out any of these items if you can reach them. For longer armed opponents a punch to the inner part of their restraining arm right between the bicep/tricep muscles should hit the nerve and cause them pain and or to collapse that arm giving you more options.

2) get your chin down eiter into the crook of their elbow, or better in the opposite side allowing you to maintain airway and blood flow to the brain. next, as suggested, start grabbing parts. If you are still balanced you can step your leg behind them and then very easily throw them backwards over your leg. Most will let go at this point, if not go with them and land hard on them. Try getting in some elbow strikes on landing or just afterwards.

Getting a blackbelt just says you have learned the basics and are ready to actually study the form as an art.

:-?

If he is kneeling directly on your legs he should be unstable. You should be able to bridg out.

If he is mounting you - sitting on your legs with his knees on the sides of you, holding one arm to the ground. I would block my face with free hand, do not let him grab that hand. quickly try to slide the hand he is holding along the ground to a position strait over my head. He should lean forward a little, letting off your legs. Quickly bend both of your knees, trapping his foot/leg with your leg (on the outside of his) on the same side of your body that he is holding your arm on. Use your other leg to push on the floor and bridge to the side that you have his foot traped on, at the same time quickly slide the hand he has a hold of (which should be over your head) 90 degrees strait out from your body.

If you can follow the instructions try it on a partner.

It works for me

O - He will try to catch himself, he may let your arm go, you can grab it and pull toward you and bridge again.. the point is to keep on trying. he will open himself up.

Wow, everyone has great suggestions. Another to just add to the list for the first situation, quickly grab anything, skin, flab, groin. This may distract him enough to free your arm or get him off of your legs.

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.

I am more of a standing grappler than ground grappler, as I too am working on those skills as well.

Anytime someone is on their knees there is an opportunity to take them off balance.

Unless they have you in a cross lock (where they have their hands locked on something, and their legs), and or they have you pinned in such a manner that you cannot maneuver sufficiently, or they have a lock on you where they have already arched their back, then you have a chance.

Nothing is impossible. Since there are things yet to be tried or attempted.

I hope others will give you the specifics you desire!

Good luck!

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...