• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Which concept of Pressure Points is more accurate?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which concept of Pressure Points is more accurate?

• Western
    • Eastern

If I struck you on the temple, followed by several other key places on the brain and body, rapidly and in an EXPLOSIVE way, then you would go down.

If I struck you on the temple with force I wouldn't have to bother with any other pressure points... :karate:

If he practices 3 times, I must practice 6 times -- Osensei Nagamine

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The temple is composed of several key pressure points.

Thus, the temple, when struck properly, will force most people to go down.

My point was to also, not rely upon the one strike, but to keep attacking your opponent using a variety of targets, principles, and techniques.

:)

Later!

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...

Why ten years? Apart from understanding what you are trying to do, the length of time it would take someone to learn any skill would depend on how dedicated they are.

Ten is just an abitrary goal. I picked up on the concepts of internal martial arts quickly, even though I have practice external, most of my life.

One (on average) begins to show signs of marked improvement, in between 4 to 7 years.

Dedicationi is one thing, internal development another. That is it takes longer to cultivate our internal strength on the highest of levels, than it does external physical strength.

The masters of Taijiquan created the system, so that the internal aspects, would, over time manifest themselves, based upon the individual, of course, while in the short term, they learned, push hands, san shou, Chi'Na, and Hao Chuan.

Either way, they would walk away an effective fighter.

Efficiency in Taijiquan comes with time, and internal cultivation of power.

I am not talking conclusively, or in absolutes.

The Martisl Arts can be just as dynamic as people are, so long as people do not limit the Martial Arts like they do themselves.

Later!

:)

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...

• 4 weeks later...

hey, i watched the same program! wasnt it weird when the guy stuck a posker through his cheek and then his chi feild disappered? oh well, this isnt about that.i think it was odd that when they interveiwed the people at the seminar, they didnt get them to get KOed. that show was very inspiring to me. i had heard about chi b4, but i never really knew what it copuld do. i just beleived it was the chinese principle for blood. i mean, ci runs along the same paths as chi, correct? and if you lose too much blood, you die, correct? and when you exercise, your heart pumps faster, no? so thats why i thought chi was just blood. well, after watching the show, i said,'i want to do that!' so i tryed, and tryed. ive been practicing chiballs eversince. ive been meditating frequently, too. i want to attend one of his seminars.