• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello, I'm from NH

faido

I found these forums by accident. I practice Shotokan karate. I am currently 3rd kyu. I very much enjoy doing kata, but am still quite apprehensive about kumite. Ok, mostly free sparring has me all in a tizzy. I'm not fast enough to move in on anyone and I can't see a kick coming at me to save my life. The few times I do see it coming I block it straight on with my forearm. I know, I know, I'm lucky I've not yet broken my forearm. Bad habits die hard! It doesn't help that I'm a five two girl with a bum knee. I enjoy attempting to learn new languages as well as reading. I have three cats and a dog and we enjoy going for walks. Tekki Shodan is currently my favorite kata. Kanku Dai is taking me forever to learn, but I think I like it all the more for the challenge. It's a close 2nd to Tekki Shodan. I'm hoping to make some friends and maybe learn something here. Later.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Welcome to KF, faido! :)

"Blessed be the Lord my Rock, and my keen and firm Strength, Who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight." Psalm 144:1

• 2 weeks later...