• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Elite Combat Training

A few days ago I got into this website which basically said they could turn u in the best fighter in any Martial Art. I want you to take a look and tell me what you think, I think its unbelievable and if its true then it would be something we should all know.

here's the web page:

http://www.topsecrettraining.com/combat.html

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Things like this are really a shame. Its very possible the creator of this system has some good ideas about MA.

But by marketing as such, its just a big turn-off.

If it works, use it!

If not, throw it out!

Unfortunately that style of salesmanship is quite common...there are at least 5-10 ads in every issue of black belt magazine trying to get you to buy a secret system that no one but insane ninja monks have learned. Matt Furey writes ads like that.

Long Live the Fighters!

i think what gives it away is. "TOPSECRET" in the name... you know, like they're trying to show how secret it is.... sort of a bit of a contradiction,.... id stay away.

Matt Furey writes ads like that.

Really??????!!!!!!

If that's the case, I have lost respect for him. I think he's a great fighter, and is well conditioned, but that is just.... I'm at a lose for words. I remember when I first started weight training, and getting into this stuff, I was reading a lot of articles on him. Truely a disapointment

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack

A few days ago I got into this website which basically said they could turn u in the best fighter in any Martial Art. I want you to take a look and tell me what you think, I think its unbelievable and if its true then it would be something we should all know.

here's the web page:

MCDOJO! You must ignore this site and all others like it. Remember that there are no short cuts, maybe shorter cuts, but definitely no plain short ones.

The real secret in MA training is to find the right MA, for you, and the right school/instructor and then train like a fanatic without ever giving up....

Use your time on an art that is worthwhile and not on a dozen irrelevant "ways".

here's the web page:

MCDOJO! You must ignore this site and all others like it. Remember that there are no short cuts, maybe shorter cuts, but definitely no plain short ones.

The real secret in MA training is to find the right MA, for you, and the right school/instructor and then train like a fanatic without ever giving up....

:nod:

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack

I read an article recently about martial art scams at: http://www.e-budokai.com/interviews/marc.htm.

The site that you quote appears to be a classic example of a martial art's scam according to the above article. For example, the site declares the techniques to be so Super Secret that the government doesn't want you to know about them. It basically claims that it's the best fighting system in the universe. Furthermore, it liberally drops the names of elite military units and government law enforcement agencies. If this site stays up for awhile, it could be very useful for us to use to illustrate what a typical martial art's scam looks like.

As the article I mention says, people who operate scams like this are so far into their own world that they may not even realize they're deceiving anyone, especially themselves.

Ok orion the one ad I could find for Matt Furey is on page 127 of the April 05 issue of Black Belt. He has them run every month however ...that just happened to be an issue I had close to hand. The ad is for How to double your flexibility in one evening. So it could be bona fide. Still written like the others though.

Long Live the Fighters!

Lets see, we have testimonies from

A Brazilian Jiu Jitsu black belt... okay, maybe I'll buy that

A S.W.A.T. leader... mmm, I don't know

but seriously, A bounty hunter AND mixed martial arts champion? Seriously

I looked up the names of the BJJ bb and MMA guy on google, the only response I got was for the MMA guy, and it was in reference to that advertisement.

also

Baton Rouge?

Los Angeles?

Newark?

I know where those places are!

They couldn't have picked more obvious cities