• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

God forbid a situation like this ever happen but since this weapons still exist, how whould u fight against someonewith a large swinging wepon like a chain whip because they can hit u from a distence, or close in so hgow whould you use your kungfu to beet them. especially since it spins at high speed.

PEACe: look ma now smiles

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Man you'd be in a nasty position to face a weapon like that especially if the guy is skilled with it. I'd say you need a stick or a long reach weapon to fight properly.

Only if I had no choice (was trapped), or was defending the life of someone who could not do so for their own sake.

In reality the above is my general approach to physical confrontation or conflict. The stakes go up when weapons are involved.

Other than that I would use:

D.C.R.

Duck, Cringe, and Run Technique. LOL

:)

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...

I have a demo team and one of the weapons we feature is the chain whip. One girl on the team is very skilled, but i believe it's like nunchucku. You could hurt yourself with the weapon also. I believe beating this weapon is like playing good music, you need TI.....MING. :)

place clever martial arts phrase here

God forbid a situation like this ever happen but since this weapons still exist, how whould u fight against someonewith a large swinging wepon like a chain whip because they can hit u from a distence, or close in so hgow whould you use your kungfu to beet them. especially since it spins at high speed.

PEACe: look ma now smiles

Assuming you had to fight your way out, I would look to use anything as a makeshift weapon to stop the swinging momentum of the chain. If I had to go unarmed, I would do my best to follow the attacker's elbow & attempt to bridge the gap. Not the ideal situation to be in. You could also throw something like a beet :brow: to distract before charging in.

Throw any object that you can grab. Even your own shoes, watch, coins, keys, pen etc. Throw hard to disrupt his spinning and then enter and hit hard.

Or otherwise it is best to run if you are able to, or if your pride lets you.

Use your time on an art that is worthwhile and not on a dozen irrelevant "ways".

• 2 weeks later...

lol, use your shoe or your watch to disrupt the chain movement. get close enough and hit hard and fast, remember that the chain is a really good weapon, but in short distances, you can use the need to hold on to it to your advantage.

of course, like MenteReligieuse said, it could be used for chokes and such, but hey, if he gets close enough to choke you, you have to fight, so, dont be afraid and defend yourself the best you can!

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty

lol, use your shoe or your watch to disrupt the chain movement. get close enough and hit hard and fast,.....

You are meant to aim the objects at the face of assailant and not at the chain.... :wink:

Use your time on an art that is worthwhile and not on a dozen irrelevant "ways".