• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

use tkd in ground fighting?

In the ITF TKD pattern Choong-Jang, move 12 is a turning-kick performed from the floor.

That doesn't mean a thing, really, but just though it'd be of interest.

Personally I'd be on my feet and ready to run or fight, but hey!

DCMS.

"There's nothing wrong with my defence, you attacked me wrong!"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

So far, my instructors haven't taught us ground fighting besides some Aikido and Judo holds.

I'd imagine, there are some tkd ground fighting tactics. I'll have to research that. the only tkd ground fighting tactic I've seen in the Do Jang so far, is a sweeping kick executed while laying on your side and used to get someone down

don't get mad, don't get even, get ahead

65 edition - with handwriteen foot notes - the techniques are applications of tkd style, not part of a move set or instruction... there is no TKD theory to go with how one should deal with ground work, or grappling opponents.... i do know better, i own 3 separate editions of the 15 volume encyclopedia set he wrote.

Application is always a part of a martial art. I think the theory should be self evident. You are on the ground. You want to defeat your opponent. You want to get off the ground. All of those are shown in the Ho Shin Sool section.

Long Live the Fighters!

Perhaps thats true Ace however odds are very very high that you wouldn't be. For most martial arts the primary focus is on defeating untrained opponents and on defeating other martial artists second.

Long Live the Fighters!