• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

use tkd in ground fighting?

did anyone used tkd in ground fighting before??

Jumping kicks must have a reason, to cover distance, or to take down a mounted opponent.

Jook-Am blackbelt 2nd dan pattern

GTF Taekwondo

Chinese Kick Boxing Junior Learner

https://www.sonkal.cz

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

It's kind of tough dojng a jump/spinning kick while laying on the floor grappling around with some guy...isn't it? :D

I suppose if you're rally good and had a lot of years of experience, you might be able to break a board in that situation. I'll give that some thought.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

wow!!it's not easy to use that kicks,i have to practise alot,that kick really very powerful !!! thanks so much!!

Jumping kicks must have a reason, to cover distance, or to take down a mounted opponent.

Jook-Am blackbelt 2nd dan pattern

GTF Taekwondo

Chinese Kick Boxing Junior Learner

https://www.sonkal.cz

Absolutely! We regularly practice using kicking and movement from the ground to avoid getting into a wrestling match with an opponent who puts you down. You are always safer on your feet than you are in a grappling match, for one thing, you can't get away if you're on the ground.

We teach our students to defend and then how to get back to their feet where they can either run or deliver a devastating blow. Neither can be easily done if you are wrestling with the attacker.

You can use tkd from the ground. Basically you just want to use your kicks and knees to keep an opponent at bay until you can get back on your feet...if they are already too close you will have to use your elbows and fists...dont forget your fingertip strikes for eyes and throat and crushing the testicles.

Long Live the Fighters!

TKD is not TKD on the ground.

The answers posted are good answers, But the answers assume the attacker is not all over you preventing you from being able to kick, or punch. You need to get out of the ground situation before TKD can at all be effective.

From Taekwondo, one should have a good working knowledge of pressure points. If you go to the ground and your opponent is trying to grapple you, I would suggest going for pressure points on his body to either clear him off or stun him.

Is that with you on the ground and your oponent standing, or both of you going to ground?

If you're on the ground and your aggressor is still standing then your priority, without a doubt, is to get up off the ground as quickly as possible. Fighting from the ground isn't easy and I would only recommend fighting from the ground to an experienced MMA fighter who doesn't have a choice.

Always assume 2 things:

1. Your opponent is armed.

2. Your opponent is not alone.

From Taekwondo, one should have a good working knowledge of pressure points. If you go to the ground and your opponent is trying to grapple you, I would suggest going for pressure points on his body to either clear him off or stun him.

I beg to differ. Of the 300+ pressure points that are on the body, only 5 are usable on a fully clothed aggressor, who is under the influence of drink/drugs, determined to cause you harm and is moving. And then, all the 5 PP's are, is a big bunch of nerve endings, that if you hit hard enough will have the desired effect anyway.

DCMS.

"There's nothing wrong with my defence, you attacked me wrong!"

...think that was a bit harsh shorinryu sensei!!.... tkd never has been bout all that, but maybe ur just joking, dunno...

either way, originally TKD started with NO ground work at all.... anything that exists now has been added by specific styles.

Sam as an ITF guy you should know better...no ground work? In Choi's original 1965 Taekwon-do book he has several scenarios where he does self defense from the ground...it's in the Ho Shin Sool section in the back.

Long Live the Fighters!