• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Karate terminology

SANCHIN31

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Since I train in Japan, yeah we use alot of" Karate terminology". :lol:

There are still times when I dont understand what my classmates are saying ,so I just nod and smile.

I've learned to really closely observe the movements of my teachers and imitate the most subtle movements to make up for the times when I cant fully understand verbal explanations.

Its funny when I go back home to train though, and I hear instructors speaking butchered Japanese terms.

"Today is a good day to die"

Live each day as if it were your last

This is an accepted method of communication in the western taught American or European martial art schools.

I know of some Asian schools that cannot pronounce American words either. It's all part of the human experience or condition.

Once a person is corrected linguistically, the communication becomes clear and concise.

:)

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...

Since I train in Japan, yeah we use alot of" Karate terminology". :lol:

There are still times when I dont understand what my classmates are saying ,so I just nod and smile.

I've learned to really closely observe the movements of my teachers and imitate the most subtle movements to make up for the times when I cant fully understand verbal explanations.

Its funny when I go back home to train though, and I hear instructors speaking butchered Japanese terms.

Lucky. You said when you go home..... are you just studied Karate in Japan, or are you there for other reasons? Do you notice a difference in the way they train in Japan? Reason I ask is because I'm looking to plan a trip in the near future for the intent to train in Japan.

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack