• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yo. I'm new. Real new. Came here looking for a new hobby.

Um... yo. Where should I start? For those brushed up on their Japanese, yeah, my name's strange, roughly "Mental Wolf Person", but meh I don't have time to explain that now. long story. 15 years long, really. And that's not why I came here, sorta, so let the fighting commence!

... Just kidding about that last part.

I'm a guy, 15, and I'm interested in Martial Arts. Which, I have no clue, because I've only heard of Ninjitsu and Kung Fu. >.> But ya gotta start somewhere. I'm really just in it for the training and mental stuff, with physical movements and all that. Won't be participating in no contests, etc., but I may eventually join a class or get-together or something.... Although that may be difficult, since my access to the public is limited.

.... What? I live on a mountain, a rural area, and I'm some ways from town, although there was a martial arts place down there, I'm not sure if it's still there, but my chances for like going there every other night are slim because of the way my parents and I live.. I'm homeschooled, BTW. And I'm normal.. I was just homeschooled from 2nd grade due to allergies, and haven't been back since. I'm in 10th grade now. I have almost no social skills whatsoever.

I like Country and Classic Rock, but I also like Classical and a little of everything if it's clean and sounds good.

The only "weapon" I'm really interested in (for training, defensive purposes) is the Bo Staff. I can't really harm myself with it since I already have experience with staffs, or walking sticks. I've tried some of my own training, but I need some instructions, etc.

Another reason I'm into this is with that said training, I've lost 25 pounds, bringing my weight down to 260lbs. Rather large, but I'm almost 6'3".

I don't really know what else to say, except that I'm looking up new stuff, I'm learning Japanese, Piano, uhh... I like Nascar? I play Chess. I'm quite a person who uses his head to think. You could compare me to that Donatello Ninja Turtle guy except I'm not one for computer coding. I am good with some electronics though, and I'd rather think and ponder over something for long amounts of time instead of fast thinking. I often regret the descisions I make and I'm modest. "Bad luck" follows me everywhere I go, so watch your step there.

-Seishin

(Kinda rhymes, don't it? The name? I just want a sensei because I'm on my own waaaay too much man.)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Well, you need to know what your options are, first. Check out dojos/dojangs (martial art schools) in your area, and make a list of the ones you can get to. Go watch a couple classes at each one to get a better feel of what you can expect from each one. Some instructors give free intro lessons so you can see if the art is right for you. Then, once you've found a school you like, you need to get there, obviously. If your parents are hesitant about taking you to class however often it is, you could counter with reasons such as:

1) It's good for you (healthy hobby)

2) Get you out of the house/help develop some social skills

3) Martial arts teach discipline, patience, etc.

Anyway, let us know how things go!

If you have any other questions you'd like to ask me personally, PM me.

-Kaminari

Welcome! I homeschooled my kids and they semed to have turned out all right...only a few minor incidents so far :lol: ! Glad to have you here.

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

Lol, you sound more like Gohan from Dragon Ball Z ... Welcome to the forums, you'll find something dont worry.

... Never really watched DBZ, but I do know some about it. I watch a decent amount of TV, but it's usually stuff like CMT and MythBusters.

Welcome! Glad to have ya! :) I have three daughters that are all homeschooled and we're all in Martial Arts (including MOM).

"Blessed be the Lord my Rock, and my keen and firm Strength, Who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight." Psalm 144:1