• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Wado Kai Karate?

IronWarrior

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yes its the same Karate, Its confuses alot of people..lol! Its just a political difference, Kai means 'orgainization' Ryu means 'school' in order for Otsuka Sensei to register it under the JKA he changed it to Ryu like Goju Ryu e.t.c. which would make it 1 of the 4 Karate styles reconized by the JKA in Tokyo, Japan Originally it was Kai, when Otsuka Sensei passed on it caused some confusion e.t.c. of who should by right take over e.t.c. it is now reconized in the JKA as Ryu or Kai..see..... very confusing so yes your doing the same karate as me..lol a block or strike may be a bit different in some katas, but thats about it. its still Wado.

Wado was developed before Enshin Karate, they are a bit similar in the theory of evading a attack, bodyshifting 'tai-sabaki' e.t.c.. Enshin employs alot of Kyokushin priciples as well low kicks,knees e.t.c...

I have a shodan in wado kai.

What's the name of your club?

Martins Wado Kai Karate in Hamilton, Ontario, My instructor is Wayne Martin 7th Dan 'Wado Kai' I'am a 3rd Dan under him I'am 28 started karate when I was 5.