• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Chivalry!?

Stay at home dads = ROFL

This is ridiculious that we have to put up with this stuff in the US. Feminizing men, some parents tell their kids to play with dolls and be nice. While in other countries little boys fight with each other and play with model guns as toys. In WW2 the french told their boys to be nice and gave them dolls to play with while the germans told their kids that they were strong and smart and gave them model weapons and military things as toys. Well we all know what happened between them in WW2!

I agree almost no one goes hard on women unless they are raised with no morals. Dern russians or something, wife beaters!

Do unto others, as they done to you.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

c'mon deby, say what you were gonna say.....we are all friends here!

anyway if i were with a girl and guys were whistling at her id be happy then id start making out with her right in front of their face just to make em' jealous!!!!!

i wouldnt go and start up a fight!

You can boo me if you want, You know I'm right!

-Chris Rock

Prodigy - i've seen smething like that start a fight before. The guy watching said "instead ofyour boyfriends tongue why don't u have a go on my.... *guess the rest*"

Badabing badaboom - instant conflict. Not pretty.

Angus :karate: :up:

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

If my partner beat anybody "to a pulp" on my behalf it'd be the last thing they'd do for me as part of a couple! How uncivilised!

So far with only one exception I have talked my way out of trouble, or occasionally ignored my way out of trouble (or at least seemed to!). The exception was when someone grabbed my wrist in the street. Instinctively I did something akin to an uchi-uke block and in doing so broke his grip on me. And THEN talked my way out of the rest of the trouble right until I could get to a phone box to get the police!

Surely as martial artists we are duty bound NOT to use our art unless in the most extreme circumstances? Going to fisticuffs over anything verbal does is inappropriate and shows weakness of character, in my opinion. Any actual fight should be as short as possible and should inflict only reasonable force, not wanton damage, or any sort of lesson or punishment to the opponent.

(on a separate but related note, this thread has become kind of sexist!) Ug! Ug!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My karma will run over your dogma

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stay at home dads = ROFL

Hey! My dad was a stay-at-home dad. As a senior systems architect my mom made quite enough to support us. She loved her job (took an early retirement and misses Unix so much I think we need to get her Linux for xmas) and he was never a 9-5 type guy, so what's the problem with that?

Nothing just that the man is suposed to take care of the family traditionally...

[Edited by Admin: That comment is out of line. Refrain from making statements like that again.]

[ This Message was edited by: Patrick on 2002-04-13 09:30 ]

Bitseach, I totally agree with you. You make some very good points, and after all, in the case of this type of question the viewpoints of women/girls are of utmost importance. Martial arts should only be used to keep yourself from getting hurt and to keep you safe. You use only the amount of force necessary to diffuse the situation (easier said than done), which should always be violent and physical in nature (i.e. this excludes insults no matter how offensive, even when your honor or status is on the line, etc.). Any less force will get you hurt, any more force will put you in trouble with the law, or, at the very least, be morally wrong IMHO :smile:

By saying that the viewpoint of females is important, I by no way meant to imply that females are incapable of learning how to take care and defend themselves. I just meant that the protection or standing up for women is what is the topic at hand. Personally I know many women who are quite capable at martial arts and could teach us guys quite a thing or two. Plus physical ability and competence is not as important as spiritual strength and competence. A spiritually strong person is better off any day. My mother is one of the strongest people I know, because she has mastery over her mind and keeps on going no matter what happens in life.

It's not about getting what you want. It's about wanting what you've got. :smile:

[ This Message was edited by: spinninggumby on 2002-04-09 12:08 ]

'Conviction is a luxury for those on the sidelines'

William Parcher, 'A BEAUTIFUL MIND'