• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Chivalry!?

I don't get why guys think they have to go beating the pulp out of someone who does/says something bad to a girl or (GASP!) in front of them. Girls should be able to take care of themselves...this isn't the middle ages anymore, here - we aren't damsels in distress.

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A rhetorical question. Have to think very carefully on this one so I won't get in trouble. If another guy insults my girl and say rude remarks to her, I'll be pissed. The old pschology thing about how men dates girl who's like their mom, and wouldn't like someone to insult there mom, therefore it goes the same for their girl. :karate:

Canh T.

I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversations.

Women are not any more 'sacred' than men IMHO. I will protect myself and whomever I love, and in the midst of the situation it is also very very important to not misuse or utilize your deadly force into overhaul. I don't remember where I heard it before, but in a way killing someone in self-defense is wrong to defend your own life because that means you are assuming that your life is more precious than theirs (very very very open to debate, but I understand this point of view very well) I will open doors and be 'chivalrous' for anyone, regardless if you are a man or a woman, boy or girl. :smile: :smile:

'Conviction is a luxury for those on the sidelines'

William Parcher, 'A BEAUTIFUL MIND'

Posters please keep in mind that, like any thread, keep yourself in line, if you don't, we will not hesitate to edit your post, close this therad - or remove it completely.

Thank you.

The thing about the mother is called the Oedipus complex and it was developed by Freud - who was a fruitcake.

I think people have mixed up the level of violence intended for a verbal offense. Everyone's using the lame 'beating him to a pulp' excuse. U give the guy a shove and a talking to but beating him to a pulp is a bit harsh, even if he grabs her backside or something. U don't leave him a bloody rag on the ground.

Perhaps i'm too oold fashioned. Hell, i even open doors for chicks.

Angus :karate: :up:

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

heh i mainly agree angus.. especially on the freud comment. :lol:

the way i see it, the 'level of violence', be it verbal or physical, should be measure for measure - for the most part. if some punk says something offensive to your girl, i believe in a verbal response.. i.e. "you shouldn't say things like that". of course, if said punk chooses to up the stakes by either continuing to harass her/you or making the first physical move, then you can go from a final warning to teaching him a lesson. :smile:

after all, as the saying goes; the martial artist doesn't start the fight, he finishes it.

but true, i'd never leave a guy bleeding and unconcious on the ground.. if some guy started something very physical with me, i'd probably wind up driving him to the hospital if i was forced to seriously hurt him.

If ladies act like ladies they are treated like them. I don't think that men should treat women wrongly no matter how ugly or mean they are. I let women hit me, ill only hit them if they actually want to fight.

Now that we are in the 21st century this is seen as sexist or something, I dont really care what people think about it im still going to retain my values.

Do unto others, as they done to you.