• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

TKD and Aikido  

21 members have voted

1. 1. TKD and Aikido

• TKD and Judo
    • TKD and Aikido

Well if i were to cross train in the martial arts, what style would you put with TKD and why :D Also tell me what styles do you cross train in and why :) I think TKD and Aikido could go well :) What my friend doese is TKD and Judo which in my opinion issnt the best combination of art.

If you wash your hands in anger, you never have clean hands

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any ground fighting art should be considered. My instuctor has a BB in judo and TKD. He loves that he can do a take down and a descent kick. Both depend on the instructor tho. I prefer to learn an art with all the traditions for example. I wouldn't be happy in achool that's main focus was sport competition. Aikido is a great art but, I have seen a lot of fighting in that style on the knees and that seems unsound to my knees. those stances with one knee down hurt me to just look at. :( Judo IMO will help you more with take downs that Aikido. That is just my thought tho, so let's not attack me if you're an aikido person. Aikido to me seems like the odoneel continuous control techs. used be police. They work better if your foe is untrained and cooperating. Judo seems more to the point and you are in control rather than using your opponents energy against him, you are using YOUR energy to CONTROL him. Hope that was helpful.

place clever martial arts phrase here

I take tkd, but my instructors teach us Aikido for getting out of holds and

Judo throws, once we get to brown belt. In a sense, we learn all three.

Last Saturday, I was promoted to yellow belt! :D I'm still tired from the test. :sleep:

don't get mad, don't get even, get ahead

Sorry, not finished. I like tkd for the fitness, flexibility, and how you learn better ways to defeat oponents. Also it gives me something to feel good about for accomplishing something. I like Aikido because the moves are fast and give you the option of hurting oponents or just putting them in a hold. I like judo because the throws are good if the one your fighting is a grappler and doesn't give you space enough to execute kicks, punches, or even elbows. plus it gets your oponent pretty tired and hurt if you keep throwing them down. You can always put them in a Judo hold too, once they are down. So, I like learning all three :)

don't get mad, don't get even, get ahead

I would say judo only because of my preference to it, as an art itself, over aikido. As for what would go together better with TKD, I don't really know. But i voted for judo.

My Nidan Grading! Check it Out: http://www.karateforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=27140

OSU!

"Behind each triumph are new peaks to be conquered." - Mas Oyama

Dojo Kun:http://www.diegobeltran.com/htms/dojo/dojokun.htm

https://www.kyokushinkarate.cjb.net

aikido!!!

:)

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...