The Biggest News of My Life as a Martial Artist

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ICHF hasn't given a decision yet, to my knowledge. Even after a decision is made, there will be rules and legal crap to do. If the ICHF gives its approval, I wouldn't expect it to be on the air any sooner than several months from now.

If it works, use it!

If not, throw it out!

I surprised how few people have actually posted on this thread. Does no one understand how HUGE this is? Apparently, this is something ESPN thinks will be bigger than the UFC!

Bigger than UFC? nah... Let's not forget that espn 2 shows a lot of MA stuff that you won't see on other channels.

Sry to split posts...

elbows, you really think judo is better after its Olympic acceptance?

Actually, yes. For various reasons. With such a high level of competition out there, it's not hard to find good, hardcore competition schools. At the same time, if you're not into that, it's also not hard to find where the hobbyist schools are.

If HapKiDo competitions are broadcast on ESPN, I'll eagerly watch them and I'm fairly sure I'll really enjoy them. I know that the most martial art competitions don't show all of the capabilities or techniques inherent in each individual style, but it's interesting to see how the different styles look and act when involved in regulated fighting matches. During a competition, another discipline may employ a technique I'm familiar with in a way I never thought of before. Thus, it can also be a learning experience as well as entertainment.

I wonder why ESPN chose HapKiDo and not any of the other numerous styles there are out there? Or maybe they have and we haven't heard about it?