• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Weapons training? TKD

Awsome! I spoke to my teacher and he said I can start somtime soon but he didnt specify what belt I can start at , all he said was I can start as a colored belt. Havent decited what weapon to go for but Im going to do some more research and see whats the most interesting to me.

See yall later.

Do you have an option?

Colored belts in our school get exposure to all weapons, and we have colored belt forms for them. They have no restrictions (At least in our school) on which of the weapons they use at a tournament.

It's only when you get to 1st degree and up that we start limiting the options of what they can compete with.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • 4 months later...

in my school we train Bo staff and Nunchaku once a month. it is somehting that differs from school to school so you should definitely ask your instructor

A machine can do the work of 50 men, no machine can do the work of one extraordinary man though

It has been about 5 or 6 years since I have been involved with the ATA, but from my experience, they mainly teach weapons forms. Not much that I saw in the way of weapon usage and defense. If I am wrong, let me know.

When I left the ATA, they were also beginnig to incorportate weapons requirements into the black belt ranks. 1st dan was the chucks, 2 was the stick I think, 3rd was the staff, and so on.

If I am misinformed, let me know.

• 3 weeks later...

I practice sporadicaly at a local MMA gym. The master there teaches staff, chucks, and sickle to the colored belts, then sword to the black belts. Problem is he only had about 3 months traing from a sword instructor who didn't speak English.

So please do yourself a favor and discreetly ask your instructor where he learned his weapons training and be wary if he says 'self-taught'.