• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Whats the reason , if not to be a champ ?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dump the girl. your not the same man at 22 than you are at 32. it's not fair to either of you to be bound by that. If she saw someone else, you'd be sad. this way you can remain friends and have a plesant memory. And when you go to a foriegn land, it's best to eat at the table of your hosts.

place clever martial arts phrase here

Kyokushin is a Budo art. Theres alot more to it than just fighting in comps?Comps are a great learning opportunity, but if thats the main reason for your training, then you havent yet understood the true value of Budo. It shocks me to hear a Kyokushin blackbelt speak like this. It shows just how far things have deteriorated in the west.

While there may be the odd fighter who still wants to compete at 50, its not really very healthy or wise at that age. My guess is he didn't start till his 40s. Most Thais retire in their 20s.

But true MA training is for life. it dosent end with your retirement from competition, or when you go on a holiday. Its a way of living.

I've been traveling most of my life. You can usually find some kind of dojo. Even if its not exactly what you want it can still be a valuable learning experience.

"Today is a good day to die"

Live each day as if it were your last

Kyokushin is a Budo art. Theres alot more to it than just fighting in comps?Comps are a great learning opportunity, but if thats the main reason for your training, then you havent yet understood the true value of Budo. It shocks me to hear a Kyokushin blackbelt speak like this. It shows just how far things have deteriorated in the west.

While there may be the odd fighter who still wants to compete at 50, its not really very healthy or wise at that age. My guess is he didn't start till his 40s. Most Thais retire in their 20s.

But true MA training is for life. it dosent end with your retirement from competition, or when you go on a holiday. Its a way of living.

I've been traveling most of my life. You can usually find some kind of dojo. Even if its not exactly what you want it can still be a valuable learning experience.

Nah, he started as a teen. Most thais *IN THAILAND* retire at such a young age because by age 21 they have had well over 100 fights - they fight almost every week. in most places, you don't have fights that often.

Hi guys , back (@ least online :lol: )

Kyokushin is a Budo art.

I understand that , and because kyokushin is budo , I like to compete , kyokushin's competition is 1) hard; 2) helps building spirit; 3) gives you confidence; 4) gives you a real view of what strike can do to you and to your opponent; 5) you can't just pick a random guy and kick the he^^ out of him in the street to test ur karate , thats against the purpose of martial arts , but you can do so in comeptition :brow: ; 6) all the greats in kyokushin competed in their 20's , ask Matsui or Midori :) ; 7) I really enjoy kumite

dump the girl

I am thinking of it

And when you go to a foriegn land, it's best to eat at the table of your hosts

Well , no offense to any one but I don't think I'll love some girl from an african country - again no offense -

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

Well...may be a bit late for a reply..but here goes anyways.

IMHO it's highly debatable the method to the madness in martial arts more often than not...I know for myself, I started to train because I was a wuss, and I needed to learn how to defend myself...

I know now that I keep myself in martial arts because of the lifestyle I lead when I'm training regularily...I feel better as a person, because my body is in better condition. I eat better, and I spend less time lying around because I have more energy in general. The side-effects of training motivate me in themselves. Yes, I thoroughly enjoy competition...I thrive on it more often than not...and yes, it does give an acceptable arena to test your skills with other skilled combatants...but it is, again, IMHO, not the end..but a means to it.

Regarding the girl...only you can determine that....ultimately listen to yourself...My girlfriend went away to sweden *from western canada* for ten months on an exchange for her forestry degree in her third year...it was an incredible opportunity for her...long distance has been no problem for us...we've done it for nearly four years now...at the time of her exchange starting..two years...but different continents...that was rough.

We talked about it however, and came to a mutual understanding that it would be pointless to try and find someone else who would work as well for eachother...so I bought us a couple webcams with a mic in each, so we could not only talk, but see eachother as well while we did...it cost a few hundred to start with..but saved probably a thousand +++ in phone bills...plus we still got to "see" eachother on a daily-weekly basis...depending on our schedules.

***the two of us are seeing much more of eachother this year in person...started long distance because of her going off to university, but ths august we get a place togeather for her next year at uni, which we're both incrdibly excited for***

It might be a good idea to take some time off and explore life, and your mind...but again, only you can really determine that...this is just the meandering of one person here ;)

Think before you act, but act before it's too late.

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/3535/siggydemo58lq.jpg

(Images aren't allowed, but if you want, take a peek for yourself ^ )

My wife and I were apart for a year before we got married.We broke up and she went back to Japan.We both saw other people for a while ,but realised that we just couldnt replace each other with another, dispite our various problems .Sometimes time apart can help you realise just how much you mean to each other.

I came to Japan and proposed and we've been hapily married for the past 7 years.

If your relationship is really strong then it will overcome whatever barriers.

"Today is a good day to die"

Live each day as if it were your last