• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

New school with diferent teachers

I have asked about opening a new school and took the advise i have gotten. I was interested in more of a fitness and defense school where i could have more experienced teachers from different styles along with fitness instructors teaching the classes and i could teach a bigginers class. I have looked into the cost of ins. rent and other overhead and it is a lot. you would need at least a hundred students at the average $40. membership just to cover expenses. How do people stay a float?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

You may want to consider starting out small. REnting space from a dance school (the floors will be good), a civic organization that may have space (YMCA).

Here's another possibility. There is a School in Tucson, AZ with 3 different arts taught. Okinawan GOJU, AIKIDO, and a Sword art. I can't remember which one. I believe that they partner up on the rent.

I charge $80/month and only need around 60 students to break even. I stay afloat by having about 120 students. Discount martial arts schools do not necessarily attract more business. Most people are not looking for the cheapest MA training available. If you have a good program, charge what it's worth.

You can also try and get a hold of an existing martial arts club and make a deal for you to offer some classes. But if not start small at a YMCA or B&G club. And in time you will build your clientel. Good luck!

-Adam :)

thank you all, I value all your insight and plan on finding out as much as i can before i get the cash rolling. I think it is great the there is a place like this where those who have done it help others who want to follow in their footsteps.

You may want to consider starting out small. REnting space from a dance school (the floors will be good), a civic organization that may have space (YMCA).

Here's another possibility. There is a School in Tucson, AZ with 3 different arts taught. Okinawan GOJU, AIKIDO, and a Sword art. I can't remember which one. I believe that they partner up on the rent.

I second everything that he just said to your question. I think that is the way to go.

lk