• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

MA broke me up witmy ex gurl..............

I read many books on ancite warriors and they list there lives in this order.

first comes

1: Parents

second

2: Friends

thrid

3:brother and sister

fouth

4: Wife

fifth

5: your children

i don't really follow that but i argee with it a bit.

"Don't think!! Feel..."

-Bruce Lee

https://www.muaythaiboxing.friendpages.com

This site is dumb but I made it so it is good.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense, but this Angelo sounds like a right tosser... maybe he CAN fight, but he just sounds like an obnoxious bully to me...

"Has to pick fights"? What sort of SH** is that?

He may come out on top now, but one day his mouth is going to get the better of him. Do you want to be around when that happens? Do you want to be dragged down into STARTING fights and acting like a complete idiot in public.

I'd question how much respect this "friend" of yours has for you, if he constantly places you in physical danger AND risk of arrest just to bolster his own ego and boost his own obviously low sense of self-worth.

Saving your girl from a mugger might get you respect and admiration. This is what martial arts are designed for. Showing off by bullying innocent bystanders just makes you look like a fool, to both girls AND other guys.

Think about it!

No wonder your girl left you, dude!

KarateForums.com - Sempai

i can respect that you stood up alongside your bud, but i mean the fact that he picked a fight with just four guys who weren't doing anything is _very_ uncool. that's the kind of person that MA should be used AGAINST.

and a little off topic, but i can rarely understand the concept of "things you wouldn't use in a real fight". if you train to do it, and it works, why NOT use it in a real fight? maybe not in sparring, but when you have the room or chance, why not go for it? i mean, why train in high kicks if you won't use them? :nod:

- jahred

[ This Message was edited by: jahred on 2002-03-31 20:22 ]

I agree that you should stick with your best friend whom you've known for years, rather then your girlfriend. But I disagree that you should get involved in the fight for no real reason, especially if your best friend just, "felt like fighting."

-Hiya

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, for the most essential things are invisible to the eye.

There is a big difference between being a loyal friend, and being a "blind follower" or "lap dog".

A loyal friend would try to stop his buddy from getting into stupid fights and acting the fool. As you get older, you will realize that you don't have to blindly go along with every stupid thing your friends do. You can be the voice of reason, and it will earn you more respect in the long term.

Blood Talon, have you talked about this with your friend? Obviously you feel what has been happening is wrong, or you wouldn't feel so bad about it, so "sick of everything"... I'd say it's time you let him know that you think he should calm down a bit, that his actions are affecting others in a bad way.

If I was in the situation you described, I would have apologized immediately to the other guys, got my friend out of there as quickly as possible (obviously drunk or something), given him a piece of my mind in private about trying to pull a stunt like that, then gone home and spent a night of passion with my girlfriend.

If you don't moderate his behaviour now, one day you are both gonna wake up in the slammer with a bad head, no memory of the night before, and a long list of assault charges being read out to you by a police officer.

Girls hate fighting, they're not going to hand around with you if you make them feel insecure or they fear you're going to get into a fight everytime you step onto the street.

That was stupid, you didn't have to fight. You could have said to your friend, I don't want to fight these guys, we don't have to fight them and led him away. You willingly walked out there knowing you were going to fight, instead, you could have walked away! Next time your friend pulls a stuent like that, I'd leave him to fend for himself, I don't appreciate being placed in uncessary danger. If he got into a fight which he did nothing to start, then I would fend for him, and then only. Otherwise, people who start fights for no reason, I leave to fight for themself.

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

'MA made me break up with my ex-girlfriend'

Time for YOU to take some responsibility here, don't blame MA, or your friend! YOU had the choice and YOU made the wrong choice, learn from it and don't do the same thing next time.

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

"Girls hate fighting..."

Good point Bon.

I've found they tend to hate obscenity and abusive language too, and would be embarrased/ashamed to be with someone who spoke this way in public. Whatever Angelo said to these guys can't have been too nice and could also be partly responsible for nearly reducing BT's girlfriend to tears.

I remember once telling a guy an obscene joke, and his wife, on the other side of the room, heard and actually burst into tears... An extreme example maybe, but true.

Bon is right. No woman would feel safe and comfortable in the situation you describe.

When two humans have two different goals there paths soon part.

My sweet heart completely understands my training because we have had heart to hearts about it.

She supports me in my training because she truly understands what it means to me.

In other words, she loves me enough on this issue to encourage me in my goals as I do in hers.

Thats real love you know. Caring about what is important to the other half and not caring about self.

When I go running at 6am every morning she comes cycling. When I start basics at 7am she is getting my breakfast ready. When I work out with weights or plyometric exercises she is there too getting fit herself. When I want to run in the countryside over hills, she drives me out and takes a good book and waits. When I go to the dojo she comes and watches.

Why?

1. Because she cares about what is important to me

2. She knows I pay as much attention to her needs also.

3. Real love is recognised and cherished

4. The other is willing to make a sacrfice for the other and vice versa

5. We both recognise that achievemenyt of personal goals is infinately accelerated by the support of the other.

6. We have the want for the other to grow and reach out to what is really important.

7. At the end of the day there is much joy when we both know we have exerted a 100% effort in attaining our goals in conjunction with the help of the other.

There is nothing better than saying to your spouse at the end of the day "I was great today in working my plans and it was greatly assisted by you, thankyou Darling".

Thats real love to me. Anything less is an incompatiable love. What I want from my relationship is what I can give. And if we give the laws of nature show we shall receive.

"whatever a man soweth, this he will also reap".

Think about that. To me thats deep!

You want a good relationship?

Communicate and express your feelings and desires to the other in a quiet manner. Always be a listener. Care about their needs more than your own. Have joint goals as well as personal goals. Be open and honest and agree both of you will be honest and always open, make that commitment verbally to each other. Always agree to talk issues through quietly and recognise tempers dont change problems, but only listening and finding sensible solutions. Refuse to discuss things if you are angry, wait until you are calm.

When communicating on an issue that you disagree. Dont be accusational.

Instead of saying "You are this way and its wrong, its not fair etc etc"

Try, "I understand how you feel and you do make a very good point and I am glad you bought it up however I seem to be looking at its slightly differently namely ........., if you feel I am wrong can we discuss it quietly to examine it fully?"

You will be amased if you take that approach. Dont attack the attack, side step, roll with the punch, reposition and go back in effectively. Sound farmiliar?

All in all be a giver and not a taker. If she/he is a taker and not a giver, you have some soul searching as well and some communicating to do.

Soft teachers make soft students

[ This Message was edited by: AnonymousOne on 2002-04-01 02:05 ]

7th Dan Chidokai

A true combat warrior has to be hard as nails in mind, body and soul. Warriors are action takers and not action fakers. If you are cruising, make time for losing