• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Blackbelt test Nov 19

It's my TKD test this weekend. I'm a yellow belt in judo and Kali is kind of informal for me when I train with folks from the Minnesota Kali group.

It's been a hard week of training getting ready for tomorrow. I've done all my forms and one-steps repeatedly all week and finished writting my paper yesterday. Tonight it's off to Kinkos to make copies and then a relaxing night before the test. Thanks for the support folks, I'll update you all by Monday at the latest.

"Jita Kyoei" Mutual Benefit and Welfare

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all. I took my test today. I did really well. Well, I won't offically know until two weeks from now, but I nailed everything :D I did my breaks on the first shot. I nailed all my forms ... well, not true. I messed up one form, but didn't get caught LOL. I had a really good partner for the partner stuff (one steps, self defense, ect). And we pounded on each other.

I had so much fun this time. It was so different from my last test (the one I failed). I felt "right" about it. Everything just "flowed." I wasn't even nervous. It was great! :D It was the best test yet :)

Ok, niel0092. Spit it out. How'd ya do? ;) I know you did good, but give us details hehehehe.

Laurie F

Wow am I exhausted! I did all 17 forms today, with a few small mistakes but it was ok. I nailed the one-steps and the self defense moves I came up with went over very well. There's nothing quite like making your head instructor laugh out loud cause you have your partner in a vicious armbar after you threw him into the air head first!

I got my first two breaks on the first try but missed getting the round kick hook kick combo at first. I dont feel too bad about it though as those were the hardest boards I've ever seen. It was like kicking through granite.

Sparring went well but I was exhausted and wished I could have done more. I did land a nice rt cross to my sparring partners mid section that raised a chorus of gasps from the audience. That felt pretty good to hear. I did leave it all on the floor today though and took everyones advice and did it with a smile.

Thanks every one! Glad your test went well KK1975. Sounds like you had a great time!

I had so much fun this time. It was so different from my last test (the one I failed). I felt "right" about it. Everything just "flowed." I wasn't even nervous. It was great! :D It was the best test yet :)

WooHoo!!!!

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

Thanks all. Good deal, niel0092! :D Good to hear you did good. I knew you did, and I never watched you.

I chaced a guy going for BB, and few red belts round the dojang during the sparring part (like last time). I got more bruises from holding boards for people than I did the whole test. I got kicked in the hand twice, kicked in the arm once, and kicked in the the leg all by just holding boards for others.

It was all in great fun though. I had a great time :D

Laurie F

Yep, got the black colar when I became a BB canidate back in march and a half red half black belt. Next week I should get my new belt to complete the image. Heh heh heh, cant wait!