• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

In the UK? Not quite down the street from me! I suggest telephone book or search engine.

Better yet, you've listed judo so you can address your neck crank questions to your coach. I'm sure you have an affiliation which gives you access to other instructors. They might have the background or know of people that can cater to your training needs.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

This thread just enforces the idea that the Martial Arts are what you make them out to be.

You get out, what you put in.

:)

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...

I got my neck cranked last night in a no-gi BJJ class & had to tap out.

It hurt...alot. & my neck is really stiff today.

Make sure you are careful when you do these...You dont need to pull that hard to get the tap out.

• 2 months later...

Neck cranks are illegal in Judo and in BJJ competition. I used one in trainign when I was free grappling last tuesday and the guy tapped pretty quick. good to get the tap, but in competition it cant be used :(

"You know the best thing about pain? It let's you know you're not dead yet!"

http://geshmacheyid.forumotion.com/f14-self-defense

I went to grappling and wrestling with my step-son (I am just 10 pounds heavier), and he kept yelling, "foul, foul...you can't do this or you can't do that..."

"I said, geez, at this rate, I may as well, just crawl up and let you pound on me."

I was only using Jujutsu and in-fighting, and locks I work with, and there are not many.

The moral of the story, is that it is very hard to teach yourself that there are rules in sport tournaments, when you have worked so hard to move away from that mindset in the first place...lol

I wrestled around with a nephew once(who was quicker and stronger in grappling), no MA.

I wound up, fighting dirty to get him off of me, since I was so afraid to hurt him with anything specific. He locked me down twice, since my bursitis kept flaring up. I walked away, and he limped away, bleeding all over the place...

Neck cranks hurt regardless of whether there are rules. It is good that they are not in competition, and yet it is still realized that out in the street they are effective.

Over the years, he boasts, but I say that I don't play anymore, and that's its only business, and the business is either crippling or putting him down.

Needless to say, he doesn't want a re-match.

Perhaps, I am getting to old to play games.

lol

;)

:)

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...