• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Setting Up The Back Kick

A basic combination we use in Cuong Nhu to set up Spinning Back/Spinning Heel Kicks is as follows:

(W/ Right leg forward)

1. While sliding back into a Cat Stance, deflect an oncoming Front Kick with a Soft Style Lower Block (right hand blocking, left hand guarding up by chin, open hand).

2. With a small right step forward (make sure to angle foot position in slightly), counter the kick with a right ridge-hand to the temple.

3. If the opponent blocks the ridge-hand, quickly pop your hand around the block, and strike out at the opposite temple with a right backfist. As you throw the backfist, angle your foot inward even more.

4. As your opponent goes to block the backfist, he leaves his upper body (and left side of his head, if you intend to throw a Spinning Heel Kick, and aim it high) exposed. The angle you’ve turned your foot on allows you to quickly execute a left Spinning Back Kick or Spinning Heel Kick.

If you want to start on the left foot, just flip everything around, striking and blocking with the left hand, guarding with the right, and kicking with the right.

• 3 months later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

this is also my favorite kick a good way to set it up may be

roundhouse into backspinning kick

roundhouse into hook into backspinning kick

theres more you just have to pratice i tend to use this kick most when im approaching the outside of the ring with a side step off of my opponent then a backspinning kick to the face works everytime