• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this about Iranian martial art history

http://www.pahlavani.com/ish/html/ph/new/phmain.htm

Hey, this is kind of cool! I hope they get some more information up and running soon. Very interesting!!

• 4 weeks later...

In egypt there is a place where the pharaohs drew over 200 grappling techniques on a wall. I was there and it looks a lot like wrestling and BJJ. If I remembered the name I could have noted it down. I think typing pharonic wrestling in google might get you some results.

Another thing is Turkish wrestling, which is disgusting yet very effective.

Its basically mud wrestling, originally in the nude, nowadays they wear some really tight leather stuff around their torso.

Turkish wrestling includes anal grabs and other sick takedowns and locks, because its one of the only places you can get a firm hold when the fighters pre-oil themselves before fighting in mud.

Sadly, im pretty sure those nudists could beat any dogi wearer in most cases.

In egypt there is a place where the pharaohs drew over 200 grappling techniques on a wall. I was there and it looks a lot like wrestling and BJJ. If I remembered the name I could have noted it down. I think typing pharonic wrestling in google might get you some results.

I have seen this as well. Many researchers think that this may be the earliest recorded martial art in history.

Another thing is Turkish wrestling, which is disgusting yet very effective.

Its basically mud wrestling, originally in the nude, nowadays they wear some really tight leather stuff around their torso.

Turkish wrestling includes anal grabs and other sick takedowns and locks, because its one of the only places you can get a firm hold when the fighters pre-oil themselves before fighting in mud.

Sadly, im pretty sure those nudists could beat any dogi wearer in most cases.

I have heard of this as well. Some believe it is the purist form of the wrestling that survived from the Greeks in the ancient Olympic games.