• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Middle eastern martial arts.

Also, White Warlock is absent from the boards for awhile. So no luck there for a bit. Unless he snuck back when I fell asleep...

true, I havent had the pleusre of reading his post about fake shaolin monks in a while :lol:

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iranians are extremely good martial artists. They take arts like TKD and actually make it completely street effeciant, not to mention they are teh world champs in many martial arts such as TKD , Judo, uncommisioned kick boxing, and often times wrestling [usually between iran and russia]

style:wing chun

Don't try to predict the outcome of a fight. just let nature take its course.

Indian Martial Arts

Differant Martial arts are practiced in differnat parts of India.Some of them are Kalaripayattu(Kerala),Silambam(TamilNadu) ,Gatka(punjab),Thang Ta(Manipur),Vajramushti(Western Part)etc

Kalaripayattu is an ancient art which is practiced in the southern state of India Called Kerala and some parts of Tamilnadu.There are mainly three branches of Kalripayattu.

Northern(Vadakkan Sampradayam),

Central(Madhya Keralam) and

Southern(Thekkan sampradayam).

The Northern style is very popular and it contains a lot of weapon training that includes sword and shield ,long stick,and a very dangerous flexible sword called 'Urumi'.The unarmed training consist of diisarms,locks ,throws and MarmaAdi(pressure point attacks).The northern styles are mainly practiced by the upper caste people of kerala and mainly this style is used to settle the problems between the royal families.Two Highly Skilled Kalrai experts will fight in a Angathattu(it's a type of ring ,something like that) with weapons until one die's.So it's mainly one -to-one Fighting and so it contains advanced techniques.There were families called 'chekavars' who trained fighters for this confrontations.Most of the fighters were these family members.So there were many family styles with in Northern systems. 'Thulunadan',Kadathanadan' are some of the famous styles.

The Northern styles are very beutiful to watch contains a lot of high leaps and jumps and the guys are extremely flexible(There is a special massage (Uzhichil)with an ayurvedic oil for the flexibility).The style is well promoted by the government of Kerala.

Here is some websites about Northern style(Vadakkan)

http://www.kalaripayattu.org/index.htm.You can see some good pictures and there's a movie section too .

http://www.vallabhattakalari.com/whats.html

If you guys are still interested ,i can give some information of Southern and Central styles of Kalaripayattu..

Abel

Yss

Roma-Boxing or Roma Fists its basicly gypsy boxing. Most old school gypsies (Roma) orginially learned how to fight, since they had no country or standing army anyone in the family (including women) were called to fight. As such a roma child was taught knife fighting, sword fighting (sabers), whip techniques, stick fighting & "boxing techniques."

The system has no name among the roma, it is first taught as a childs game, much like native american indian-wrestling. Then later becomes a fighting art for those who never played the "games" as children. Of course, given that the gypsies suffered more geneside then the jews during WW2 most today are even more secretive about such things.

It's not that I feel the world owes me anything, I don't. But, on that note. What do I owe the world? Not a thing!

Iranians are extremely good martial artists. They take arts like TKD and actually make it completely street effeciant, not to mention they are teh world champs in many martial arts such as TKD , Judo, uncommisioned kick boxing, and often times wrestling [usually between iran and russia]

that's true, but this thread is about arts originating in the middle east

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, first post so I'll try to make everything correct, good first impression :D :

An area as vast as the middle east or the indian subcontinent is bound to have a huge and widely varied selection of martial systems, especially considering the large numbers of ethnic minorities, tribal communities, and religions. India and the Middle East are seen as cradles of civilisation so it stands to reason they may well have been the first areas to experience large scale conflict and the necessity for standardised training to overcome enemies. Kalaripayattu is seen as possibly the world's oldest standardized system of martial arts, containing progressive levels of training with esoteric knowledge for those considered gurukal-masters. It is this art which Bodhidharma, the semi mythical founder of Shaolin Kung Fu supposedly studied as a member of the warrior caste and upon that art based the 18 movements on which Shaolin Kung Fu is based. I have absolutely no idea about Middle Eastern martial arts. Hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently there are over 180 forms of silat.

Displays a small graphic image below your details in posts. Only one image can be displayed at a time, its width can be no greater than 80 pixels, the height no greater than 80 pixels, and the file size no more than 8 KB.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...