• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Do i have to have a license?

saikano

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
In canada you can't move it outside of your house if it is sharpened I believe.

Shurikens are banned. I aso doubt you could walk around with a chain whip but that I'm not sure...

I'm almost 100% sure chain whips are prohibited weapons.

I've never heard anything about this law that you can't move around with a katana if it's sharpened. That's a new one on me, especially since so many swords are sharpened when you buy them.

In canada you can't move it outside of your house if it is sharpened I believe.

Shurikens are banned. I aso doubt you could walk around with a chain whip but that I'm not sure...

I'm almost 100% sure chain whips are prohibited weapons.

I've never heard anything about this law that you can't move around with a katana if it's sharpened. That's a new one on me, especially since so many swords are sharpened when you buy them.

Most of these I think are related to people carrying them around as available weapons. In all the states I've trained it, you are allowed to have them in your house, or in your car if you are on your way to/from the dojang or tournaments, etc. You just can't carry it around as an all purpose kind of thing.

Carring concealed, such as a shuriken, expandable escrima/baton, etc. is subject to the regulations of your local constabulary.

Oh, and Jussi, in the US, there are laws that limit the length of the blade of the knife depending on whether it is a straight knife or a folding knife. I'm pretty sure a katana would violate most of them. :D

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

• 2 weeks later...

only if your keeping it concealed in your car or something, but even then, those rules only apply to some places

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

I think in some areas you can't carry a blade over a certain size concealed in a pocket or bag... a katana is a bit difficult to conceal though.

I know of many conventions and rennaisance fairs that ask anyone carry a sword to "peace tie" it, tying the tsuba or handguards to the saya or scabbards so it can't me drawn.