• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

TKD form info please

Hi all I started back TKD as an orange belt and I want to brush up on the white belt form before i start my next class. I also want to know the orange belt form and the 3 one steps that go along with it.

The class Im in is ATA and they are on the block system so i think i need to learn yellow belt too but im not sure. Yes I have searched on here but did not find what Im looking for. What im looking for is a link to a site that shows the forms and explains them. I like to practice my forms so I know the moves then have my instructor perfect my forms.

thanks for any help.

Oh by the way how long does it take to go from belt to belt cause once i learn everything there is to laern about that belt then i like to test and move on.

white belt w/stripe (9th gup) SBD

Orange belt TKD

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Hi all I started back TKD as an orange belt and I want to brush up on the white belt form before i start my next class. I also want to know the orange belt form and the 3 one steps that go along with it.

The class Im in is ATA and they are on the block system so i think i need to learn yellow belt too but im not sure. Yes I have searched on here but did not find what Im looking for. What im looking for is a link to a site that shows the forms and explains them. I like to practice my forms so I know the moves then have my instructor perfect my forms.

thanks for any help.

Oh by the way how long does it take to go from belt to belt cause once i learn everything there is to laern about that belt then i like to test and move on.

As far as moving from belt to belt, don't worry too much about how much time it takes. Master the techniques first, which I almost guarantee will take more time than you normally have in between belts.

If you are on the block system, then you don't have to learn both, you just need to learn the material for the block you are on. Your instructor should have sheets outlining the form, but again, I wouldn't try too much learning of the form on your own. That will lead to bad habits that you have to correct later. Go to class, and work on perfecting what you learn in the class first, and the rest of it will come.

You can look on the net, there are a few ATA sites that post the moves.

Oh, and welcome back!! You'll find that there are a few ATA'ers on here. I'm a 2nd degree instructor, Balrog is a 5th degree school owner, MasterH was a....4th? degree, and there are a few others here as well.

Where do you take lessons?

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

Port st john florida. Master Haskins used to be my instrutor back in late 80s early 90s now i hear she is a 5th or 6th black belt. She taught in cocoa beach.

Im just so excited to get started. Im so ready to start sparring but I know I must learn more control and moves to be competitive.

Orange belt TKD

Port st john florida. Master Haskins used to be my instrutor back in late 80s early 90s now i hear she is a 5th or 6th black belt. She taught in cocoa beach.

Im just so excited to get started. Im so ready to start sparring but I know I must learn more control and moves to be competitive.

Well if she was a Master in the ATA, she was already a 6th degree, more likely Senior/Chief Master by now, but I don't recognize the name.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

I still have not found anything on the web or this site that shows me the white belt form or ornage belt form. I am going to continue to search but if anyone has pictures or video of the forms please let me know.

EDIT- I found exactly what I was looking for but I want to know if these are the true movements for ATA. I dont remember there being one steps for white belts. Check it out tell me what you think.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.mendesata.com/images/songahm1.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.mendesata.com/forms.cfm&h=51&w=200&sz=5&tbnid=w3rR04HzsXsJ:&tbnh=25&tbnw=99&hl=en&start=1&prev=/images%3Fq%3DSongahm%2B1%2Bform%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26safe%3Doff

Orange belt TKD

I know Mr. Mendes, and I'm pretty sure the information is accurate. I'll open it later and confirm it, but there are one steps for white through green belt.

Aodhan