Fight like a man?!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A real street fighter doesn't have this mentality, this is why I would never be a good street fighter.

Ravenzoom, mate, I applaud your honesty, but you are capable of the fighter mentality, you've just got to train it, after all, you fight like you train.

My suggestion would be to look into Canada's best Reality Based Self-Defence Instructor (though he doesn't like to be called that) Richard Dimitri (https://www.senshido.com). In my opinion he is the best in the world at what he does and his books/DVD's are worth their weight in gold. I was lucky enough to train under him when he visited the UK early last year.

If I lived in Canada I would definatley train with him as often as I could, the guy is a legend.

Good luck, mate.

DCMS.

"There's nothing wrong with my defence, you attacked me wrong!"

I would draw the line at any technique that draws blood. Not because it is ungentlemanly but because of the risk of hepatitis and HIV. That includes punching or striking the teeth, biting etc.

I disagree, that pre/during fight mindset could cost you your life should your commitment level be less than what is required to 'do-the-job'. So, given the choice between imminent death (the attacker is armed with a knife) and the chance of HIV, which would you opt for in the spur of the moment? :-?

As for biting; Biting should be a bite (a painful 'pinch' produced by the teeth) to achieve a startle/flinch response, nothing more. Bite, don't eat. :wink:

DCMS.

"There's nothing wrong with my defence, you attacked me wrong!"