• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Fight like a man?!

I know that there is alot of male martial artist out there would not resort to dirty tactics to win a fight. The reason of this is because I talk to my other friends that are and that arent martial artist that say they would never scrach or bite against an opponent in a street fight that was choking or squeezing them.

The question I would like to know is,: Are male martial artist so different from females in a street fight. :(

If you wash your hands in anger, you never have clean hands

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no such thing as dirty tactics. There's only winning tactics. If I'm in a self-defense situation, I'll do whatever I need to do to win. And that fits right in with the philosophy that the definition of a fair fight is: I win!

If I get into a street fight, then it becomes him or me. I'll use anything I can, knees, elbows, biting, crotch grabbing/kicking (his not mine), trash cans, bottles, whatever is around.

I will meet his threat level with a slightly higher threat level. My objective is to be the last one standing at the end.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

One of the motto's of my school is:

Do Whatever It Takes!

Many people, outside of Martial Arts, and those who know little, are under the impression that the fighting techniques within the martial arts, are strictly about kicking, along with a heel palm strike, a backfist, or tradition deep stance with reverse punch. If not that, then submission holds, or japanese throws.

They are wrong.

Pleny of times one uses the bumper of a car to hit someone's head. Or perhaps a person is in the position to do things outside the norm.

It is still Martial Arts.

:)

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...

Having watched quite a few non-martial arts trained men fight men, and a number of non-martial arts trained women fighting women in bars or in the streets, I can say that men tend to make fists and hit each other, whether effeciently or not, whereas women tend to grab and pull more. Martial arts-wise in a street fight, I can't really say, as the only person I've seen use martial arts in a street fight is...me! Martial artists generally don't get into fights unless they have no other option.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

Well, thankfully, I've never been in a "street" situation (and hope I never will be either!) but I'd like to think that I'd use whatever I could to enable myself to get away from the situation unscathed or with as little damage to me as possible.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

I am a man and if needed to DEFEND/PROTECT myself in a street fight there are NO rules. This person is tryng to hurt/kill me so why not do what is needed to PROTECT/SAVE my life? Am I less of a man for this? NO. I am a survivor.

February 24, 2007 I received my Black Belt in WTF TKD.

I got a good "teaching on Bunkai" last night. My form was kinda ok, but my teacher last night said, "pretend this person is trying to kill you." I didn't have to pretend because I was in a self defense situation a few times in my life. But that made my form better for todays tourny.

Anyways, I know it's kinda not the topic, but if you train hard, it will get you results. Train like you mean it.

Laurie F

I know that there is alot of male martial artist out there would not resort to dirty tactics to win a fight. The reason of this is because I talk to my other friends that are and that arent martial artist that say they would never scrach or bite against an opponent in a street fight that was choking or squeezing them.

The question I would like to know is,: Are male martial artist so different from females in a street fight. :(

Well I would hope any male or female would do what was neccesary!

No matter how fashionable it is in Krypton, I will not wear my underwear on the outside of my Gi!!