• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello lets talk Shotokan

G95champ

My name is Gehrig Justice. I have been in Martial Arts since 1993. I am a 2nd Dan in shotokan karate and have trained in several other styles.

I came across this site and see it as a good way to trade and pass on knowledge. If there are any high ranking Shotokan guys out there I would enjoy talking about our style. My icq and AOL numbers are listed.

I will try and come back as much as possible. Thanks to the provider for a fourm like this.

[ This Message was edited by: G95champ on 2002-03-30 22:44 ]

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I have been training in a Shotokan derivitive for 41 years now. Its basically almost the same as Shotokan except for some basic excercises and very minor variations in Kata Edited by AnonymousOne

7th Dan Chidokai

A true combat warrior has to be hard as nails in mind, body and soul. Warriors are action takers and not action fakers. If you are cruising, make time for losing

Well, I'm 1st Dan in Kyokushinkai. As you know kyokushin-ryu is combination of Shotokan-ryu and Goju-ryu, so maybe I doesn't know much about shotokan style except what I learned it.

[ This Message was edited by: KENSHI on 2002-03-31 21:14 ]

1000 kilometres journey started from one single step.

• 2 weeks later...

Which school? JKA or SKA

On 2002-03-30 22:43, G95champ wrote:

My name is Gehrig Justice. I have been in Martial Arts since 1993. I am a 2nd Dan in shotokan karate and have trained in several other styles.

I came across this site and see it as a good way to trade and pass on knowledge. If there are any high ranking Shotokan guys out there I would enjoy talking about our style. My icq and AOL numbers are listed.

I will try and come back as much as possible. Thanks to the provider for a fourm like this.

[ This Message was edited by: G95champ on 2002-03-30 22:44 ]

Daniel

Shodan with Shotokan Karate of America

Both

LOL

My Sensei was under the JKA when I first started. He later switched over to the AJKA. However in 1999 he switched again this time to the SKA. So I got ties to all I guess but none really strong.

I contacted all a few years back about certification and stuff but I have yet to make a move on it. I was in college at the time and could not afford a trip to Calf. Also I only teach private lessons so Im in no rush to join up.

However if one were to come to WV I would be there to check it out.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

• 3 years later...

Hi G95champ,

I am a 6th dan in Shotokan karate and have been training for over 35 years. In that time I have trained with some of the "greats" of our style whose knowledge has rubbed off on me, (not to mention all the bumps and bruises!!) If I can help you in any way or you just want to talk, just let me know through the forum and we can go from there.

Train hard, Fight Easy!

Hi G95champ

I am as high as a 14 year old can be at my dojo, JR. Shodan.

My dojo doesn't allow you to advance past Jr Shodan until you're 16. Then you test for shodan (regular) My aim screen name is JoeySti

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."