• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kyokushin VS Kick Boxing, Shotokan or KungFu.

Its not the style thet makes people unable to take a hit, you must spar alot at your dojo to train your mind to focus on the match instead of the blw that was just delivered.

yes and no. If you are contact sparring and point sparring, then that will help. But another factor is learning how to do things, like rolling with a punch. This is not something that is taught in all styles. And even in styles where it is taught, it is not always adequately drilled.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope saishu exepts my apolligies, :( he never mentioned before all the tournamets and experiance that he has had and if he mentioned it before I would of respected his opinion alot more. :) :) :) :karate:

If you wash your hands in anger, you never have clean hands

• 2 weeks later...

Well if this is an open style tournamnet that is open to all styles and schools then you should even be ready for the schools that offer all of the above it might be hard too tell where exactly he is coming from :(

What makes you think that TKD, kung fu and shotokans guys cant take hard strikes.

I know that this question has been answered by Meguro & saishu (thx guys) but I'll add something : being in the ring with them in many occasions , the only thing I could say is that they are not conditioned as kyokushin fighters are ,for instance it took me ONE punch to knock down a TKD black belt while I wasn't able to take a 1rst kyu kyokushin off balance till the third round (that was in the same tournament) , shotokan guys where vulnerable to knee kicks and gedan mawashi geri , & I have noticed that in every fight when they take a hard hit , they expected me to stop or to back off , in the 4 open style tournaments that I have been in , kyokushin ,muay thai and sometimes kickboxing practitioners where always placed in the first three places , makes me wonder why . I know that people are going to say , this is only ur own experience or the guys you have been in the ring with are not true TKD-shotokan-KF , or they where trained in a mcdojo etc..... If this is the case then no one is training in a real dojo anymore

yea i have to dissagree you cant jump to the assumption that other styles dont condition themselves as much as Kyokushin i know alot of kung fu schools that are imensly condition i say instead of worring about the style just train and worried if the persons skill is amazing

White belt for life

"Destroy the enemies power but leave his life"

yea i have to dissagree you cant jump to the assumption that other styles dont condition themselves as much as Kyokushin i know alot of kung fu schools that are imensly condition i say instead of worring about the style just train and worried if the persons skill is amazing

It's not that they don't condition themselves, its that they condition themselves differently.

Tomo :kaioken:

Tomo Kagawa

--------------------------------------

https://www.saishuryu.com

Its Kyokushin rules.

Kung Fu guys tend to be very flashy but have no real striking power.

Tomo

not to be offensive or anything but this is a missconception often caused by bruce lee movies that all kung-fu is silly high flasy kicks just to look good but in actual fact the martial arts in the movies are wushu just being called kung-fu most of the kicks that we train are low usualy no higher than the stomach

Thou shalt not follow a multitude to do evil~Exodus 23:2

Violence, even well intentioned, always rebounds upon oneself.~Lao Tzu

And mankind is naught but a single nation~quran

well what I think out of this is that the media has a great deal with swaying peoples opinions on arts such as TKD :( In my honest opinion I think that its just that people dont like TKD at all, maybe its because of the different orginizations that TKD has but if it is they are relly missing out :( Even though it is true that no matter what federation you are looking at or study it is the fastest growing art out there. :D

I've addressed this before, but will address it again here. most kung fu styles, AS A WHOLE, do NOT condition like the like of kyokushin, muay thai, bjj, wrestling, etc. Now, that is not to say that some schools of a particular style do not do so. But the fact that a handful of mantis schools (for example) are known for tough conditioning, that doesn't make the style as a whole known for it. kyokushin and thai boxing are KNOWN for their conditioning because 98% of all of their schools condition in this manner. with the exception of choy lay fut and shuai chiao, you probably won't find a lot of schools who can say that.