• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

HELLO FROM ARIZONA

gojupralgo

Hello,

I've been posting for a while with no introduction.

I have been training in Japanese Goju-Ryu (Gojukai) since 1980. A few breaks in between (College, work, rebellious teenager). I learned at my father's DOJO in NY, and under other instructors that he sent me to. It can be very difficult to train under a parent.

Dad is on the of old timers from Peter Urban's Chinatown DOJO in NYC during the early 60s. He trained under Sensei Urban until what is known as the BIG GOJU BREAKUP. When Ameriucan Goju was formed, and the loyalists, including Dad, stuck with Gogen Yamaguchi "The Cat". He and my Uncle then trained with what was then, the East Coast Gojukai. We had a DOJO in Brooklyn, NY for many years.

My Uncle is now one of the highest ranking Americans in the IOGFK (Okinawan GOJU). Although I never trained with him, I use videos of him doing various GOJU kata. He's amazing to watch and learn from.

My training has been exclusively for street situations and self defense. No point sparring. Large empasis on Kumite, and bunkai.

Sometimess my opinions may be very strong. Please do not be offended. I am very opinionated, but have plenty of knowledge. Unfortunately growing up in Brooklyn, and having a father own the local DOJO my skills had to be tested more often than I liked. Many of the local thugs wanted a piece of me. Unfortunately for them, they got it ..LOL. I was very fortunate to have a family in this business

Thank you all so far for some information that you have shared so far.

Patrick, thanks for having this website.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hope you learn much and share much!

:)

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...

Welcome...my sifu studied I beleive with peter urbans in China town NYC in th e70's as well... Hope you like it here..

Dragoon is about 50 minutes east of Tucson on I-10.

Chinatown DOJO was a rough place.