• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

MA and violence

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hiya, Muay.

Martial Arts is not for violence. It's a means to protect yourself. Learning and knowing you can protect yourself, and fight if you have to, gives you a choice not to if you don't have to.

Lemme past on one of my schools student oaths: I will use what I learn in class contructively and defensively, to help myself and my fellow man, and never be abusive and offensive.

That speaks for itself. :wink:

Laurie F

I think these people you hear are not saying that MA shouldn't be used as violence, but that MA shouldn't be used to provoke or start violence, but only be used in protection.

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com

Yes, but human started to learn fghting for violence like thousands of years ago.

Now we have guns, and all that more deadly weapons , we take MA and turn it into a sport, defencive, and a art which everybody can enjoy.

But if war calls for it, it is really desinged to kill and hurt.

"Don't think!! Feel..."

-Bruce Lee

https://www.muaythaiboxing.friendpages.com

This site is dumb but I made it so it is good.

Well it is not really violence but it is more something that you do because you enjoy it. It might be called violence if someone is doing what they learn in MA and doing bad things causing violence. But well That happens once in a while.

But It is violent because of the fighting and plus you could get hurt so I guess it is.

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

On 2002-03-28 22:27, karatekid1975 wrote:

Hiya, Muay.

Martial Arts is not for violence. It's a means to protect yourself. Learning and knowing you can protect yourself, and fight if you have to, gives you a choice not to if you don't have to.

I agree with this

1000 kilometres journey started from one single step.

im afraid i am going to have to say that martial arts really does promote violence

many of you will dissagre with that point though

many people do learn martial arts to be a better fighter which mean being a more violent and deadly person on the street

martial arts to the odd maniac, teaches them ways of hurting the oppoenet more, to disable to make unconcious, it teach to fight better, thus making the person more violent, it teaches to have better technique so the person can do maximum damage to there oppoent thus maximising the violence.

Brown Sash Hsing I/Lau Gar Kung Fu

Brown Belt San Shou

17 yr old

http://www.selfdefencehelp.co.uk