• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Capoeira...

I looked through the other Capoeira thread and did not find what I was looking for.

I am fairly interested in starting up Capoeira class because I like dance (although I have never danced), and it looks like it would be a tough work out.

So here are the two questions I am looking for answers:

A) Has anyone heard of a Capoeira school/class around the Charlotte, North Carolina area?

B) To do Capoeira, do you have to be 135 pounds and pure muscle? I am 5'11, 185 pounds. Although I do not expect to see me flying through the air any time soon, I don't want there to be 'problems' right off the bat.

Any help is appreciated

-Project Janus

There will always be the Jackie Chans and Jet Li's who will come along and dazzle us with their screen antics. But Bruce Lee was a seeker of knowledge, a true master of the fighting arts and philosophy.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm the same height as you are, significantly heavier, and I am teaching. Just do it.

Sweet! I just have to find a place around here.

I believe a man named Chicote teaches classes at a college around here, UNCC. I will go check it out soon, I hope.

There will always be the Jackie Chans and Jet Li's who will come along and dazzle us with their screen antics. But Bruce Lee was a seeker of knowledge, a true master of the fighting arts and philosophy.

My question is, how long have you trained in Capoeira?

"What's your style?"

"My style?"

"You can call it the art of fighting without fighting."

The UNCC campus is like 40 minutes away. :bawling: :bawling:

I'll try to find a place closer.