• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Anyone here use these gloves?

didn't jump in earlier, but i agree with everyone else here about those other gloves. They would be nice for sparring (mma style), if it wasn't for the bar inserted into the palm, but for bag work (which is what they were made for) they are garbage.

1. It's a pain to get the second one on, after you have the first on :P

You don't have a friend, roommate or neighbor that can help?

2. I noticed that my inner parts of my hands are feeling a little cramped after about 5 rounds. I'm going to give it a little while to maybe break them in. Hopefully I won't have to take these back.

That feeling you are getting is because you are holding your fists too tight during the entire process, overexerting your 'clench' muscles. Relax your fists between impacts. When you are wearing gloves, your hands should be relaxed all the way until just before impact with the bag. This, i find, is also good practice for how you should strike someone for greater focused penetration.

Be careful though... a lot of people hurt their wrists for having 'bad' form when striking a bag. I.e., they may tighten the fist too late too often, or fail to also stabilize the wrist prior to impact.

And, of course, always use wraps. If you don't know how to properly wrap your hands/fingers/wrist... ask.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Well, it's not that big of a deal. It goes on, it's just a little longer than normal.

Oh yeah, I always wrap.

Yep, I was thinking of not holding my fist so tight. I'm going to give it a shot tomorrow.

Thanks WW!

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack

• 2 weeks later...

For sure get wraps, wraps offer much needed protection for the hand and wrist. Bags are not only hard on the hand but extremley hard on the wrists so always wrap even for light bag or mitt work. Those gloves only offer a small amount of protection, I would suggest investing in some boxing gloves and everyonce in awhile train with your old gloves, I rotate mine in training but anytime I"m doing intense hard pad work I go boxing gloves for the added protection, then I train mixed martial art gloves other times for the realisticness of them.

Anyways like I said get some wraps and boxing gloves and then rotate between gloves.

A True Martial Arts Instructor is more of a guide than anything, on your way to developing the warrior within yourself!!!!!