• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Anyone here use these gloves?

http://www.karatedepot.com/bx-bg-60.html

There leaving my knucles pretty banged up. I give the bag hell, and I think it gives my hands hell. I'm going to go out tonight and by wraps to protect my hands, but I thought these gloves would be padding enough. Anyone else have this problem? This is my first time really hitting the bag hard for a long period of time. Before I was just shadow boxing.

Thanks!

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I would never use fingered gloves on the bag, get some mits, and dont worry about the cost, get the best you can afford cos its worth it

"Turn to face the sun,

your shodows will fall behind you"

I agree, Those are nice gloves, but for really going into a bag you should have some boxing gloves and wraps.

I second the penguin. Ringside has great Super Bag Gloves (The Contender brand is inexpensive) & wrap your hands. It'll save your hands & give ya a good workout.

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

Those gloves appear to support the wrist, but they don't support your thumb. If you jam your thumb, you will know it. :bawling:

Justfulwardog

By daily dying I have come to be. ~Theodore Roethke

Each forward step we take we leave some phantom of ourselves behind. ~John Lancaster Spalding

i had a pair of those a longggg time ago. like 2 years ago. i can't really remember how well they worked for me tho :bawling: but i know a guy in one of my self defense classes uses them and says he likes them better than using hand wraps.... (in this class we don't use gloves just wraps)

but i know when i used them i felt like they ddint give me much support on my wrist...

1. you should always wear wraps... I won't get onto my soapbox about that one though.

2. If your figered gloves are like mine, then you scrape your knucks on things like hook punches. open finger gloves do nothing to protect the middle knuckles, so they can be scraped and torn. I've never had any problem with the hitting knuckles tho.

Well, I took everyones advice, and took them back. I picked up some wraps, and the Everlast pro series boxing gloves (12 oz).

Gave my hands a couple days rest to heal. Went at the bag last night. Didn't feel a thing. The only complaints I have are...

1. It's a pain to get the second one on, after you have the first on :P

2. I noticed that my inner parts of my hands are feeling a little cramped after about 5 rounds. I'm going to give it a little while to maybe break them in. Hopefully I won't have to take these back.

Other than that, it was an awesome workout, and no bloody/hurting knucles :)

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack