• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Am i crazy?!!!

Hey there, well you're only slightly crazy. I'm a chick so I come at this from a different perspective. My hubby used to do MA as a teenager (to shodan-ho level) amd his brother is a 4th Dan intructor in my style so he is hugely supportive of my MA. In fact , if I have a down day at work and not feeling like going to training, he talks me through it and manages to get me there every time. (I'm a doctor so down days can be real down)However, I've seen a heap of guys who are great MA's stop training because of new relationships. So my advice as a chick is, get her out to training and let her see how great it is, or let her know early on your passion for MA...Or if she does pottery when you do MA...perfect soultion!! And most of all, hope the romance goes well - keep us posted. :D

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So my advice as a chick is, get her out to training and let her see how great it is, or let her know early on your passion for MA...Or if she does pottery when you do MA...perfect soultion!! And most of all, hope the romance goes well - keep us posted. :D

Listen to her, otherwise you will be destin to only roll around with guys! :o

lol well its now undoutable, im crazy, the other night i had a date with a positively charming lady friend who happens to pritty much be my dream girl. Anyways i had to skip my BJJ class to go out and i willingly skiped practice for the first time in a very long wile. we where haveing an exalent time at dinner and although the food was great and the company better i could not enjoy myself because all i could think about was jiujitsu class. there i was with the girl of my dreams and all i could think about was rolling on the mats working on MA! i am stark raveing mad.

AMITABHA

maybe your not crazy and you just enjoy rolling around with guys more then spending time with pretty girls. :lol:

Nice ... Hahahahahaha

MTBoxer .. That was completly weird if you want my opinion ...

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

lol well its now undoutable, im crazy, the other night i had a date with a positively charming lady friend who happens to pritty much be my dream girl. Anyways i had to skip my BJJ class to go out and i willingly skiped practice for the first time in a very long wile. we where haveing an exalent time at dinner and although the food was great and the company better i could not enjoy myself because all i could think about was jiujitsu class. there i was with the girl of my dreams and all i could think about was rolling on the mats working on MA! i am stark raveing mad.

AMITABHA

maybe your not crazy and you just enjoy rolling around with guys more then spending time with pretty girls. :lol:

Nice ... Hahahahahaha

MTBoxer .. That was completly weird if you want my opinion ...

depends... maybe he is the only man in his BJJ class :wink:

Aikido have names for techniques like "heaven and earth."which represents the creation of the universe along with a philosophical meaning.

Muay Thai have names for techniques like "closing the lamp", which means "punch him in the eye."

I train at a BJJ school but we study a sifferent style with a diffeent instructor. I have done some JJ with the instructor and it's embarrasing to have someone half your size make you tap but............. The sport sometimes looks a little.......different. So many men rolling around together................ sweating and many of them shirtless. I want to post other things but I don't want to be banned. It can sometimes look like those guys really like each other. :lol: Like Elton John and his new husband, only more macho. Hey wait...... that instructor pinned me at will and made me tap. Now that I think about it, could I be beat by Richard Simmons? :bawling: That would be horrible. But now that i joked around a bit, back to your crazy question.

When I'm on a date (which rarely happens) I'm to focused on other issues to worry about class. Do I have a good stance, What are her weaknesses, can i get in for the kill shot. Will I score any points. Did the ref see my last point. Hold on a tic, this seems a lot like fighting. Hey, you can train and have a date at the same time. :lol:

place clever martial arts phrase here