• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Orange belt testing coming up.. extremely nervous..

When your nervous, everyone tells you not to be and just relax. This never works. You feel how you feel, and sometimes it wont get any better. Dont try and cover up your nervs and find ways round it cos you just cant stop it.

I get bad nearvs sometimes, but I tell my self that I got to do it anyway. After you feel much better after, cos you know that you have achieved something even thou you felt that way.

Embrace your fear and you will become the successor of it.

"Turn to face the sun,

your shodows will fall behind you"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When your nervous, everyone tells you not to be and just relax. This never works. You feel how you feel, and sometimes it wont get any better. Dont try and cover up your nervs and find ways round it cos you just cant stop it.

I get bad nearvs sometimes, but I tell my self that I got to do it anyway. After you feel much better after, cos you know that you have achieved something even thou you felt that way.

Embrace your fear and you will become the successor of it.

Well, that's part of being able to relax.

"Fear is the little death. I will face my fear, I will let it pass over me, through me and around me. When it is gone, only I will remain."

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

Thanks for all the advice..

Yeah man, i said "Orange", Shidoshi doesn't mess around, he makes us work!

I'm not sure what the black belt test will entail.. but i know it's 6.5 hours (1.5 hours written, and 5 on the floor).

So for the next few weeks i have to:

Not panic,

Meditate,

Know my fears,

Practice,

meat and potatoes, but not change my diet too drastically,

Can't get lucozade here, (small town, 3 stores) but i can get redbull and gatorade.. but i think i'll skip the redbull.. it makes me crash after a couple hours..

I'll be going to the gym, doing the bike and weights.. i do horse stance for 5 mins every morning, and a low doko for 5 before bed.. I think i'll up it to 6 or 7 though.. (with stretching of course)

I don't have access to a heavy bag, but i'll try some shadow boxing..

What are wind sprints?

Anything i missed?

Thanks again,

PxSx

PhnxShnx

What are wind sprints?

PxSx

Try to get yourself to a local track. Sprint ( As fast as you can) on the straight away, and slowly jog the curves. Do this as much as you can. This will build up your endurance. I'm not sure if it will do this in a weeks time, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Shadow boxing is good too. You really don't get the full effect, unless you make contact, but I shadow boxed without a bag for 4 months, did me some good. Work your way up to 3 minute rounds, but try to go to 2 minutes for now. Rest for 45 seconds to a minute, then go back at it. Just like a boxing match. Pretend your opponent is hitting you. Make sure you breathe with every punch. Try to do 8-10 round. It's a great "Anaerobic" workout. I do this 4 times a week, then run about 2-3 miles after that. Sheading fat like crazy!

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack

I messed up the last post, sorry

Anything i missed?

ask your sensei, or some orange belts. Us guys on the net dont really know your situation the best ppl to talk to would be the higher grades in your class.

"Turn to face the sun,

your shodows will fall behind you"

It sounds like you know your stuff. Just keep training, work on that cardio and don't forget that you are doing this for fun. When the big day arrives, give it your best shot. If you leave it all out there on the mat, you will feel good about yourself and chances are very good that you will pass your test.

Good luck!

Every timely action will bring results ... Without difficulty. Every untimely endeavor will fail ... If the moment is premature or if the right moment is missed. - The Tree Poem

Make sure you let us know how you do on the test!!

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player