• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Just wondering how you guys set up a KO or a final blow :D . Do you use a particular combination, go for a certain part of the body or do you just have to observe the opponent and look for an opening :-? ?

"I am the greatest. Not only do I knock em out, I pick the round!" - Muhammad Ali

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yeah...just like Bruce Lee said: "when there is an opportunity... l do not hit...it hits all by itself (shows his fist)."

"I am the greatest. Not only do I knock em out, I pick the round!" - Muhammad Ali

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

I think it was Joe Lewis that said to the reporter, he saw the opening he took it and he knocked the guy out. That was when he knew it was time to retire. Because he had to think.

Justfulwardog

By daily dying I have come to be. ~Theodore Roethke

Each forward step we take we leave some phantom of ourselves behind. ~John Lancaster Spalding

Just wondering how you guys set up a KO or a final blow :D

you don't. The only time I've seen someone KNOW when they were gonna KO someone was in anime... In real life it doesn't work that way. I may ba able to KO you with one hook punch. justwarfuldog may have a stronger chin and shake be able to shake that punch off. you can't predict such things.

Do you use a particular combination, go for a certain part of the body

combinations become predictable when you use them repeatedly. If you use the same combo every time, fighters will catch on and train to defend that combo.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree, it just happens. A "lucky punch or kick". We had a guy in our dojo preparing for a pro fight and some of us had to spar with him to get him focused. He did some jumping kick and kicked me in the face he then punched my mouthguard halfway out of my mouth. I then thought to return the favour and he did a jumping spinning kick which I dodged and ended up with his foot on my shoulder and as i came up I hooked and that was the last thing he remembered for the training evening.

One thing I have to say though is that I could actually feel the solidness of the punch landing and I just knew he was going down.

But as for advice for a KO, go for the jaw or temple. Temple is very difficult though as where the jaw is easy to access. A nasty kick I use is a front kick, but not to the gut, to the jaw. You are very close when you launch the kick and you can give it some power too. Do be careful not to break the opponant's jaw though, we are all in the same sport and should respect one another even though we do compete. It's not a war it's a sport ;-)

"You do not truly know someone until you fight him." - Seraph

"To be the best, you must be the best." - Me

• 5 weeks later...
Yeah...just like Bruce Lee said: "when there is an opportunity... l do not hit...it hits all by itself (shows his fist)."

Yeah, Bruce Lee was the man!

He always did say what he thought had to be said to some idiot who knew nothing about his style...He was good and he will be missed :bawling:

~Suffering is Inevitable~